cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service, public mobile not available, unregistered sims

mariobriggs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My wife and I have been with public for years now. My phone suddendly drop. No service, public mobile not available, unregistered sims. This happen Thursday sept 10th.  Have been on auto pay for years. My wife's phone still works, but mine does not. Never had any problems with the sevices before. Still waiting on moderate team reponse since Thursday. What is going on? Can anyone help. 

10 REPLIES 10

spacedinos
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This happened to me Wednesday night. You don't need a new SIM but it's okay if you already ordered one - you can get the Mods to reinstate the one in your phone and cancel the one that was just used by the other person. But do as previously mentioned - suspend your service by marking your phone as lost/stolen. Immediately change your password and security questions - make sure they're unique and you're not using them anywhere else. They used my number to get text message verification codes sent to them so they could access my other accounts (with the same email address) by resetting my passwords. They accessed my PayPal and made fraudulent charges. If you have a PayPal account linked to that number, check it to see if there are any charges you didn't make. I canceled my credit card and it stopped them from making any more charges. Assuming you use that email on other accounts, go through them and change the passwords, especially for the ones that have the same password as the one you use for your Public account. Major ones linked to your financials would be the first place to start. If you got a ton of spam emails (as I did - a diversion tactic), go through those and see if there are any password reset ones. Make sure you go through those and change them. Go to the website directly from a browser. Don't click on any links in the emails - those could be fake.

For the ticket you submitted - was it submitted as a security issue? They might take longer to get back to you if not - it took a few hours before I got a response. Use SIMon, type in SIM hijacking. That will helop create a ticket noted as a security problem. They might answer those faster than regular tickets. Also, email privacy@publicmobile.ca and tell them what happened. Leave another phone number where you can be reached if you haven't been able to re-gain control of your phone number yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mariobriggs wrote:

Ok Thx, I ordered new sims card.

Why not go to a store and get one? Unless logistically impractical.

The moderators might be able to re-instate your current SIM card too instead of buying one.

But really...check your other logins especially financial stuff.

mariobriggs

Ok Thx, I ordered new sims card.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mariobriggs wrote:

Ok, sims car number does not match.  Now what?

Change the password, suspend the service under the lost/stolen function, do the same with your financials. You were SIM-swapped.

And don't use what appears to be a real name as a username...anywhere.

mariobriggs

Ok, sims car number does not match.  Now what?

mariobriggs

Hi,

I did all that, have 2 tickets opened and still no response .

I have:

*rebooting your phone

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

Still no luck.

mariobriggs

Phone is not on airplane mode and my account is active for years. Did *611, tells me not registered on network

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@mariobriggs can you login to your self serve account and compare the last 4 digits of the sim registered online, to the sim in your device. 

change pass,sim,number~2.jpeg

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@mariobriggs wrote:

My wife and I have been with public for years now. My phone suddendly drop. No service, public mobile not available, unregistered sims. This happen Thursday sept 10th.  Have been on auto pay for years. My wife's phone still works, but mine does not. Never had any problems with the sevices before. Still waiting on moderate team reponse since Thursday. What is going on? Can anyone help. 

hi dial *611 is your account active or suspended it is possible autopay failed put your phone in airplane mode for 5 minutes then restart 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @mariobriggs ,

If you put in a ticket on Thursday, I would send in another one since it has been nearly 48 hours.

In the meantime,

You may just need to be reconnected to the Public Mobile network.

Try one or more of the below:

*rebooting your phone

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

Need Help? Let's chat.