cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service on iphone XR

Tracey2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The phone reads as picking up the sim card, but there is no service. I just switched the sim from an iphone SE to this new phone. The phone seems to be unlocked, as we tried 4 sim cards and 2 different carriers worked. The ones that did not work were the public mobile sim cards. One of them is from an iphone 11. How do I get service?

Edit: Just tried another bell sim and it worked. The public mobile sim cards still don't.

12 REPLIES 12

Tracey2

It's not locked.

Tracey2

I'll try that 😄

Tracey2

I have done that. It's just public thats the problem

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Tracey2 

1.  Restart you iPhone XR.  If you iPhone XR has a PM specific carrier file, your iPhone will be configured for PM after restart.

2.  Check your iPhone XR for any update waiting.  Update and restart.

3.  Connect your iPhone XR to iTune running on a PC.  Update and restart.

4.  If all failed to get your XR working, create a support ticket using the chat button at the lower right corner and ask moderator to send a PM specific carrier file to your phone.  Then, restart your XR to configure it for PM service.

Good luck.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Tracey2 the best way to find out if the phone works with pm is to try a Telus or Koodo sim card. if those don't work then you need to call bell/virgin to unlock the device for you

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tracey2 wrote:

The phone reads as picking up the sim card, but there is no service. I just switched the sim from an iphone SE to this new phone. The phone seems to be unlocked, as we tried 4 sim cards and 2 different carriers worked. The ones that did not work were the public mobile sim cards. One of them is from an iphone 11. How do I get service?

Edit: Just tried another bell sim and it worked. The public mobile sim cards still don't.

hello did you get the phone from Bell, how long ago? it seems like it is locked 

@Tracey2  The reason for asking if the SIM card is working in the other devices is to determine is the issue is wit the Publikc Mobile service or with the specific device.  I've actually seen it a few times when a phone connects to the network for the first time, it can sometimes take a few minutes to connect.

This could be as simple as doing something such as connecting your phone by USB to your computer and running iTunes. 

@Tracey2 wrote:

I have done that yes still doesnt work

@Tracey2 where did you get your xr?

Tracey2

I have done that yes still doesnt work

Tracey2

yes and in the 11

@Tracey2 wrote:

Is your sim card still working in the iPhone SE?

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Tracey2 wrote:

@Tracey2  hi try a network reset reboot your phone 😁

Need Help? Let's chat.