cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service for a week

Zeebee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I haven't been able to make/receive any calls or texts for a week now since activating. I have sent an email and messaged a mod on here but I don't want to be repeatedly message/email because it will only add to the backlog. I just wanted to post here too in case. After signing up on the forum I realize that I made some mistakes while signing up (like using the same email address as I did with telus) but too late by the time I read it 😞 maybe to prevent those kinds of issues they can post what to do and not to do on the activation page? I am fine with PM not having customer service but I think if they are trying to expand, which I assume they are since they had the promo, it might be a good idea to clearly state known issues on the sign up page instead of dealing with the issues later. 

Anyways, that won't help my current situation. So I hope I can get my service issues cleared up soon! Thanks for help! And sorry for the mistakes 😞

22 REPLIES 22

crazycolby
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

nice to hear that.

rcuncic

@Shazia_KIt is working now - so no need to do anything, thank you anyway for your quick reply!

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Any updates here?

How long ago did you do the port.  It can take up to a couple of  hours for everything to go through.  Is the old sim still working as you could use that until this is straightened out.

ETA nevermind Shaz is ont he case you will have service very soon!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Tommyd
thanks @Shazia !

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @rcuncic

Can you send me a private message with: 

-Public Mobile SIM card #

-The phone # you are porting

-Account # with your old provider

@Tommyd, I will get to you shortly, keep an eye out on your messages. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

rcuncic

This is my husband's account, I successfully got mine done and now trying to do his.

I had great success this time porting, it said number change successful. He can send and receive texts and make outgoing calls, but incoming calls go to voicemail.

This is his business line and his only connection to the world when working out in the middle of nowhere. I would be so grateful @Shazia_K if you could take a look and see if there is something stuck with his port.

Thank you!

Tommyd
pick me too please

Zeebee

Thank you thank you thank you!! You got the issue fixed @Shazia_K! And thank you to the tech team since you had to bug them to get it fixed. And to @Rockdaddy22 for being awesome and getting my thread some attention. ☺️

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

hello @Zeebee

Please take a look at your PM 🙂

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
@Shazia_K do you think you could take a look at this.

Ok going to bed now, good luck everyone 💤😴💤😴

Zeebee

Can I please get somebody to fix my account? Pretty please? 😞

Zeebee

Yes my plan is active. I basically was too impatient and tried to port more than once plus signed up for a new PM number. Although I think the port would have run into issues anyways because my phone was on a shared plan with telus. When the shared data was no longer an issue, it ported over instantly. Except my phone now shows the PM number as "my number" and if I call it, nothing happens. If I call my old telus number it says out of service. Sorry of it's confusing 😞 

Rockdaddy22
@Parady_i is on tonight helping people.

Rockdaddy22
Can you come back a little after 9am tomorrow? If so do that and I'll try and help you. No service is unacceptable at this point

Were you able to setup your plan?  Can you check in Self Serve of your plan is activated / correct / other?  

Zeebee

Nope no service. I messed up the porting part and understand it was my fault. I just don't know how to fix it. If I try to call my number it says it is out of service. 

Edit: I technically have service, as I see Public Mobile at the top left, but no actual service.

Rockdaddy22
Do you not have service? Have you tried your sim in a different phone?

Zeebee

So I've been patiently waiting for my turn to get my issue fixed, so I was ecstatic to see an email from PM in my inbox! Except they said it looks like the number ported over and that if I have any issues I should restart my phone. Which I have - many many times. So now waiting for another response...is it gonna take another 2 weeks? 😞

Rockdaddy22
To be honest, most people only visit the community when they encounter an issue. I wish more people read these forums first. That's just the way it is I guess.

RLBL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I totally agree, even though I had no issues coming from Koodo.

Concise step by step guides should be here.  People will still make mistakes, but then they would at least know they made it themselves.  As it is now, nobody can be certain what they did right, or wrong.

Rockdaddy22
Let's hope this gets solved today. @Shazia_K IF you have time today could you take a look at this.
Actually that email thing is only with Koodo not Telus, I know some say Telus, but that's not true as far as I know. Thank you for your patience, hopefully Shaz can get to you today.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Moving-forward-together/m-p/105074#U1050...
Need Help? Let's chat.