cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service all of a sudden

bartyb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been a client for almost 4 years, I always had the autopay set-up and my account is active. 

The billing cycle started on September 12, I can see that my credit card has the charge as pending, yet since then I have no service (no calls, no data) on my phone. 

I tried putting the SIM in my previous phone which I replaced 2 years ago, with the same result: no service. So the problem isn't my phone, it's either the SIM, something wrong with my account, or some technical issues with the provider. 

I also made an extra payment in case it was a billing issue, (I never do that usually since I have autopay), it didn't do anything either other than add funds to my account. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

10 REPLIES 10

@bartyb if any banks or important online accounts use SMS for 2-step verification, call them immediately and change all passwords.

@bartyb Unfortunately you need to contact a moderator. Once your sim card has been changed, the old one won't work anymore even if you re enter the number on your account.

You can contact the mods one of 2 ways. Click the question mark bottom right of the browser as shown in the picture and open a ticket through the automated ticketing system;

kevenv_2-1599233493879.png

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

@bartyb unfortunately only moderators can do that. what you can do is enable lost/stolen mode so the fraudsters can't do anything. this should disable the sim on their end

bartyb

Thank you for the tip, I just did that.

Can I just manually change the SIM # my account, back to what is actually is to restore service? 

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@bartyb Immediately change password and security question.  There's a good chance someone got in.

bartyb

Indeed it does NOT match!

I will follow your instructions. 

Thanks for the help. 

@bartyb can you login to self serve and click "change sim card" make sure the last 4 digits registered, matches the 4 digits on your sim card?

change pass,sim,number~2.jpeg

if it doesn't match create a new ticket using SIMon

type "security or identity fraud issue"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

bartyb

Thank you for the help.

The status still says active.

I did try putting the phone as stolen, waiting 5 minutes then resuming service, unfortunately that didn't help. 

I did submit a ticket with the moderator.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bartyb You may need to sign in "My Account" to see the status of your account. Is it "suspended"? Then you can take further action on it. If it is "active", you may need to know if there is problem in Public Mobile or not. You can contact the Moderators via clicking the envelop icon next to your sign in icon and send to "Moderator_Team" and describe your problem. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check your account status.  Try making your phone lost then wait 5 minutes and make it found.  If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right corner.

Need Help? Let's chat.