cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service after porting in a number

popoxee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I port my number from Koodo to PM using self service / change my number. It showed as successful at the time.

However I cannot call or use cellular internet. It has been 3hs and I tried multiple times to reboot and take out/put in SIM card, and still not working. Please help.

Also the phone is able to detect the network is Public Mobile and signal is full bar. Just cant dial any number (disconnect right away) and no internet

4 REPLIES 4

Ripples
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! Still no service after Replying Yes to transfering a number. It's been more than 2 hours.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@popoxee 

You can try network reset if restart doesn't work.

If the issue us your port try koodo department (844) 232 7678 

If you were prepaid it wouldn't let you port it spits out an error.

But your data should work regardless of port.

If that doesn't help contact mods https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@popoxee  did you request to port your number with the activation portal or did you open ticket with the Mod for the porting request

If you request via activation portal, first, reboot your phone and see if you can dial out first.  Activation usually take as much as 30 mins.  So, if still not able to dial out, wait 15 mins.

Once you able to dial out, will need to check the porting.  Porting require you to receive a text from Koodo and you reply YES to it.  So, you need to have your Koodo SIM still in a phone to receive and reply.  After you reply, it will be another 30 mins or so for the actual port to complete

I will private message you PM Porting department number and you can confirm the porting progress.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popoxee : You said it was successful but if it was Koodo prepaid then something might have got tripped up. Did you put the Koodo SIM in the phone to wait for a confirmation text?

Need Help? Let's chat.