cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No mobile network from Dec 5

sanketku
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello there,

I do not have mobile network from Dec 5 and need an urgent solution. I have restarted my mobile and then also took out the SIM and restarted the phone as well. Could you please help me. My location is Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Regards,

Sanket

30 REPLIES 30
Moved:

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

sanketku

Yes sure, I will do that as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sanketku wrote:

thank you, I have sent message to MODS to help me with SIM reactivation. 
Generally, what is the turn around time for mods? 

Ok so that's done. Now much more importantly, run around to all your financial logins and check for any losses. Places that you've put in your payment card too like Paypal etc.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

A few hours to 48 hours.

sanketku

thank you, I have sent message to MODS to help me with SIM reactivation. 
Generally, what is the turn around time for mods? 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sanketku  you can not reactivate an old simcard supposedly mods can however.

the quickest way might be to buy a new sim and  chnage to that sim number.

also did you recive a sms asking if you wanted to port out your number?  I thought PM had was sending thouse out to help stop fraudulant porting.

another thimg to do is change your account name to something else or spell it incorrectly.  the name must match to complete a port.

also contact your banks and ake sure there was no frauduant activity.

this link outlines what  should have happened with porting.  Port Fraud Protection (publicmobile.ca)  

edit  confused porting out with simfraud

@sanketku going through the chatbot process is said to be quicker than Private Messaging.

Click on the bubble to the bottom right and type moderator, then click on account related issue, then click on I need a human now. That will guide you through the ticketing process to reach a moderator

@sanketku 

It might be easier to just private message moderator.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

BeachNBeer

@sanketku  we are customers you have to speak to moderators. If you're having difficulty with the chat bot send them a private message.

CLICK HERE 

sanketku

Can you please guide me on how can I reactivate my old sim with same number . I was trying to follow the instructions given : "

New Ticketing system - faster

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: SIM card swap. Follow the prompts to submit ticket"

But couldn't find link to submit a ticket. Can you please provide me a link to submit the ticket.

BeachNBeer

@sanketku  Not sure what the police can do. I'd suggest you speak with moderator's first.

CLICK HERE to message mods 

sanketku

I have suspended the service, change the password for online account. 

Do I want to report it to Police as well? 

teale604
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does your phone need any updates?  When mine wasn't working the other day it ended up being that there were some updates needed and then it worked fine after that.  I did find out there were many others who had the same problem where I am but it never hurts to try updating your phone.

@sanketku 

Yes, your account was hacked.  Report your phone lost/stolen.

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  

Change the password to your self service account to something stronger.  Also check any online banking/financial accounts and change passwords, etc. 

Then contact moderator for help.  They might be able to restore your old SIM card.  Or you might need to purchase another SIM card and change yourself.

To contact moderator via 2 methods:

New Ticketing system - faster

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: SIM card swap. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

BeachNBeer

@sanketku  Yes mods should be able to fix you back up but you should start acting immediately before it gets worst. Anything attached to your number (PayPal,Banks) they possibly can gain access. They're hackers.

sanketku

Will I be able to get the same number back, if I block the SIM. 

You were SIM jacked or sim swapped.

I would secure all financials and contract moderators to report. 

BeachNBeer

@sanketkuYou're a victim of simjacking. Immediately change all your passwords and Financials. Go to lost /stolen in your account to suspend your account so it blocks that sim card.

Contact moderators.

CLICK to private message mods 

sanketku

Yes, the last 4 digit on SIM and the one in account is different. Shall i change it to the number as present on the SIM and submit? 
What could be the cause for this SIM number change on my account. Do I need to reset the password. Please let me know.

BeachNBeer

Sim card? Do they match?

sanketku

auto pay has not failed and the renewal period was on 24 July. 

HI @sanketku 

Did you try doing a network reset?  Also, make sure airplane mode is not accidentally switched on by accident.

BeachNBeer

@sanketkucheck the sim card. Last 4 digits do they match your phone sim card?

sanketku

Account status is ACTIVE and I tried searching the network, it is not showing 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @sanketku 

Is it just the internet or also talk and texts?

Can you check if you have any data left?

If not login and purchase more or upgrade your plan, you can also ask moderators to renew you early 

Did you claim the free gift? If you didn't login to your selfserve and go here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/?PageRedirect=Redi... 

Then you will be able to purchase 2 gigs of data and 500 international long distance minutes for $0

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @sanketku 

Aside from the SIM check, network check, & account status (active vs inactive vs suspended) check, was your renewal period within the past 24 hours?

If so, could the auto-pay have failed?  Check payment history.  

Could be a hardware issue. Try your sim in another Telus/Koodo/PM phone.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Log into your self serve account to check your status.  You might need to do a network reset.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@sanketku 

Is your account status active or suspended?

Maybe try network reset.

BeachNBeer

Check if your phone sim card matches your account. Click change sim card in your account to see last 4 digits. Compare to phone sim card.

Need Help? Let's chat.