cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming calls

mushydrop
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I've been with Public for almost a year with no problems.

Since last week I haven't been receiving incoming calls. I had my mom and sister check by calling me, but it goes straight to voice mail. I already tried resetting my phone, shutting down, checked the phone app settings, the notification setting, and the do not disturb settings.

I'm still able to call others.

Is this a problem with my phone or Public mobile?

9 REPLIES 9

mushydrop

Thank you everyone I unmounted my SIM card and tried it with another device and it works.

I mounted it back onto my phone and I can get incoming calls again.

@mushydrop 

Bingo! @Helpershelper has the fix for you. This will reprovision your sim card. If that does not work Then contact the moderators as per @JoyLuck has instructed.

Edit: Be sure to reboot your phone after trying the lost/stolen trick.

If you choose to send a private message put "all incoming calls go to vm" in the subject line and include a detailed message of the issue and include the following:

1. Full name and address on your account.
  2. Email, pin # and phone #. 

If you don't remember your pin # include at least 3 of the following:

1. Last payment, amount, date, type and last 4 digits.
  2. Alternate phone # if any.
  3. Date of birth.
  4. Plan amount, recent changes, any add ons on account.
  5. Security question and answer. 
  6. Frequently called/texted numbers.

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times. The approximate wait time is  2 to 4 hours up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. If you include all the required info they can start to fix your issue without waiting for a reply from you and the first message you recieve may be that it has been resolved. You may ask for a review link if you would like to provide feedback on your customer support experience.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mushydrop 

I can understand your frustration with this. The PM network is currently working fine so we’ll have to troubleshoot your phone. Can you try these steps:

1. Login to your self-serve account.
  2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
  3. Logoff
  4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
  5. Report your phone found.
  6. Turn off your phone for 1 min then back on.  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mushydrop wrote:

It is set as don't optimize in battery optimization.

I have not changed any of my settings recently, and i tried clearing all the apps running in the background.

1.  You had done most of the testing except testing with a known working phone.

2.  You can create a support ticket to ask moderator to check on your account.

mushydrop

It is set as don't optimize in battery optimization.

I have not changed any of my settings recently, and i tried clearing all the apps running in the background.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mushydrop 

There is a setting to tell OS to stop apps from running in the background. The phone manufacturer wants to show their phones have long battery life and stopping apps from running in the background. If your Phone (calling) app is not running in the background, It may not be waked up quick enough to ring the bell before forwarding the incoming call to voicemail.

Check your settings for battery optimization setting the Phone(calling) app. It should be "Don't optimized"

Instruction for Android 9,

Settings ==> Apps notifications ==> Advanced ==> Special app access ==> Battery Optimization ==> Phone ==> Don't optimized.

There are 2 choices for battery optimization:
1. Optimize - better battery life
2. Don't Optimize - May drain your battery more quickly

If battery optimization setting is set correctly as Don't optimize. Yoru phone may be running too many apps to allow the "Phone (calling)" app time to response to your incoming calls. Try not to configure too many apps as Don't optimized.

mushydrop

Incoming text also does not work, but data does.

I have tried a network reset.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@mushydrop 

One way to find out if it is a phone issue versus PM problem is to try your PM Sim card in another working phone.  If your service works in another phone, it is a problem with the 1st phone.  

Does text and data work?

Maybe try a network reset if you have not tried already.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@mushydrop wrote:

So I've been with Public for almost a year with no problems.

Since last week I haven't been receiving incoming calls. I had my mom and sister check by calling me, but it goes straight to voice mail. I already tried resetting my phone, shutting down, checked the phone app settings, the notification setting, and the do not disturb settings.

I'm still able to call others.

Is this a problem with my phone or Public mobile?

Here’s  how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative):

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.