cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming calls.

Chrisynew
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can make calls but I haven’t been able to receive calls since switching to public mobile. 

6 REPLIES 6

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Chrisynew wrote:

It has been 9 days... my old sim will stop working in 3 days. It was having trouble receiving calls in the area which is why I switched providers. Now public mobile isn’t working meanwhile I’m being charged for the service. 

You have waited long enough.  Create a moderator support ticket for help using this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/
Tell SIMon what is the issue (important) - "Port Request"

@Chrisynew wrote:

It has been 9 days... my old sim will stop working in 3 days. It was having trouble receiving calls in the area which is why I switched providers. Now public mobile isn’t working meanwhile I’m being charged for the service. 

@Chrisynew  If that is the case then the port is stuck. To  resolve the issue click this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

Edit: Also check with your previous provider to makes sure port protection is turned off

@Chrisynew what type of line are you porting? Comtact the moderators as mentioned for the stick port. Stay safe. 

Chrisynew
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Chrisynew  That's normal until your port completes. Best to continue to use your old sim until it stops working. The you will be able to receive calls on your PM sim.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Chrisynew if you ported your number it takes up to 7 days if its a voip or landline and up to 3 hours to complete if from a cell provider.  If its been over 3 hours and you ported from a cell provider, your port is probably stuck.  Contact the moderators and ask them to fix it for you. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM. 

Need Help? Let's chat.