cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming calls or texts

MelindaHer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am unable to receive incoming calls or texts for 2 days now. Been with public mobile over 10 years loyal customer here. Please assist. 

38 REPLIES 38

dmsta
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I did contact an agent yes. No response yet 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dmsta 

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@dmsta wrote:

Yes I tried both. Doesn't work. 

Thanks for confirming. Have you submitted a ticket to a CSA?

dmsta

Yes I tried both. Doesn't work. 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@dmsta wrote:

Having the same issue for 2 days now too. 

Did you try setting your preferred network to 3G on your phone and rebooting?

dmsta

Having the same issue for 2 days now too. 

@KENCROSS  the ticket you open is still useful.  While it is certainly a PM issue, but they can reset /re-provision individual profiles.   Hope they will reply you soon.

BTW, you gave a second  phone around?  Try to put your SIM on that second phone and see if it works.  Doing this could trigger the system reset and might help.  Then put it back to your primary phone.  Many reported this works.

KENCROSS

@softech  Thanks for trying but switching to 3G, resetting my network connection (which is SUPER annoying because now I have to ask my friends for all their WIFI passwords again), removing SIM.  I have tried all everyone has asked and none of it works.  AND I have to waste my weekend responding on this ancient platform of a chat forum.  I have sent a PM to CSA, but I agree with all the other posts that this is nonsense and is a PM issue 100%.  Not an individual phone issue.  My house sale is at a critical point and both my wife and I are unreachable.  This is not acceptable, and we shouldn't have to jump through all these hoops to make PM's service work.  Even just to get ahold of someone is a hassle.  I have loved PM and recommend to everyone, but that may change after this, especially if I have missed any house sale calls/texts.  Again, this service is not acceptable.

mobileguy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Tearah , resetting the network on my phone worked for me.  Try that.

Tearah

I have had this same issue, I can't receive or make calls or text. It's sometime intermittent but it's been really bad the last 2 days were it's not working at all. Many people are reporting this issue. 

I have tried all the trouble shooting steps. Toggling airplane mode on and off, switching to 3G, restarting my phone, trying the sim card in an other phone. Nothing is working. 

I created a ticket yesterday and still nothing. Why can't you just confirm there's an issue on your side affecting multiple people. Why can't you be truthful and honest to your customers. I have been with you guys for a long long time. Do something because all these individual tickets is not helping!! It's only creating more work and the wait is just frustrating us. 

@KENCROSS   What have you tried ?  so far, many reported that change the network to 3G Only or put your SIM in a second phone for couple minutes could resolve the issue.

If neither work, please open a ticket with PM using the Chatbot

KENCROSS

Sorry, no not helpful.  

mobileguy

Some people at work have mentioned that their Bell and Rogers services are performing sub-par as well.

mobileguy

@softech , will do.  Thanks again.

@mobileguy  glad it works.  Keep the other tricks in mind, just in case it stop working again.

mobileguy

@softech , thank you.  It appears to be working again after doing a Network reset.  Hoping that things will continue to work.

@J_PM   I think this is really bad today in terms or no incoming calls and text.  In fact, it has been an issue for at least a week, but today, there are at least 10, or even more reported the issue.  Can you confirm if it is a known issue with PM and if someone is looking into it?

thanks

@mobileguy wrote:

Same issue for me here in Ottawa.  Was not receiving any texts which I was expecting since yesterday.  So I tried sending myself a text and a phone call from another phone and did not get either.  I restarted my phone and then got some text messages from yesterday so thought the issue was fixed.  But then I ran some tests and determined that I'm still not receiving any texts or phone calls.  My account is active.  Let us know if anyone else has this problem resolved.  Thanks.

Read through the thread and you can find some workarounds that work.

@mobileguy 

Yes, it has been happening too many time today.  You are at least the 2nd person in the Ottawa area reporting the issue (but there are issues from different area)

Try this, ,many have success with one of the tricks below:

Make sure your phone is getting the latest OS update as well as all apps are update to date via Google Play Store or Apple App Store

Then try this:

1. reboot phone

2. network reset of phone

3. Try to change the network to 3G Only

3. If you have a second phpnoe, try to put the SIM card in that other phone. If working, then retry SIM in your original phone

If tried all these but still fails, you might need to contact Customer service agent (CSA) to see whether account provision issue.

mobileguy

Same issue for me here in Ottawa.  Was not receiving any texts which I was expecting since yesterday.  So I tried sending myself a text and a phone call from another phone and did not get either.  I restarted my phone and then got some text messages from yesterday so thought the issue was fixed.  But then I ran some tests and determined that I'm still not receiving any texts or phone calls.  My account is active.  Let us know if anyone else has this problem resolved.  Thanks.

@KENCROSS   No, not dirty sim, but please try these steps:

Make sure your phone is getting the latest OS update as well as all apps are update to date via Google Play Store or Apple App Store

Then try this:

1. reboot phone

2. network reset of phone

3. Try to change the network to 3G Only

3. If you have a second phone, try to put the SIM card in that other phone. If working, then retry SIM in your original phone

If tried all these but still fails, you might need to contact Customer service agent (CSA) to see whether account provision issue.

KENCROSS

I am having the same issue.  This is not an issue of a dirty SIM card.  One phone call came through today, but texts are delayed.  I can make outgoing calls.  There must be an issue with the system? (NOT phone related as my wife's phone - and obviously others'-  are doing the same thing)  Please assist.  I use my phone for work.  Thanks.

MelindaHer

It was at Public Mobiles end obviously. It started working 15 minutes after I posted. After 2 days of no incoming calls. Thank you. 

@t_p wrote:

@softech wrote:

@Darquise   Yes, please try to change the network to 3G ONLY for now.

However, if you have a second phone , you might want to try  to put the SIM card in that other phone and see if incoming calls are text start working again. If working, then retry SIM in your original phone

Just a thought: When people said the SIM switch worked for them, would it be because that phone was already set on 3G?

Could anyone verify?

The prefect fix is to have PM re-provision the SIM on the system.  However, by putting the SIM in another phone, it will trigger the system to  re-provision because a new phone is detected

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@softech wrote:

However, if you have a second phone , you might want to try  to put the SIM card in that other phone and see if incoming calls are text start working again. If working, then retry SIM in your original phone

Just a thought: When people said the SIM switch worked for them, would it be because that phone was already set on 3G?

Could anyone verify?

@Darquise wrote:

Hello,

Been experiencing the same problem for 2 days now. Yesterday, I thought the problem was fixed by going under supplier, choosing another supplier and then reconnecting to Public Mobile. I received texts and calls for few hours. The problem came back today. I tried taking out the SIM card, emptied the message cache, turn on and off the Airplane mode, restarted the phone to no avail. 

By the way, my son and daughter had the same issue yesterday as well. It seems the fix by changing the supplier is still working for them. Starting to doubt that the problem is with my phone...

Thanks

Have you tried putting the phone on 3G?

Seems to help for the time being.

Darquise

Hello,

Been experiencing the same problem for 2 days now. Yesterday, I thought the problem was fixed by going under supplier, choosing another supplier and then reconnecting to Public Mobile. I received texts and calls for few hours. The problem came back today. I tried taking out the SIM card, emptied the message cache, turn on and off the Airplane mode, restarted the phone to no avail. 

By the way, my son and daughter had the same issue yesterday as well. It seems the fix by changing the supplier is still working for them. Starting to doubt that the problem is with my phone...

Thanks

nscurler

No incoming calls and texts are very long delayed. In Halifax and alsoy family member in Chester.

Need Help? Let's chat.