cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No confirmation from Wind about cancellation.

laabs73
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

Wondering if I need to contact Wind about my porting and cancellation. I never received a text message acknowledg my cancellation. Any body else have any experience regarding this , any input is welcome.

I assume they know my number is no longer with them, but who knows! 

We are enjoying PM service though, I do like the coverage!

Thanks

Les

10 REPLIES 10

thenighthawk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@laabs73 I also ported over from Wind last night.  The whole process of signing up and poring my number over from Wind was super smooth.  Literally, it took 6 minutes for my line to get activated inluding number porting over.    The line cancellation at Wind might take a few days. 

jeremyesq
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
@laabs73 I just had a WIND account ported to PM yesterday (with the help of @Mary_M) and when I log into WIND Self-Serve, I get an error message when trying to view the current plan. That is proof enough for me that I no longer have current services with them.

tylerp_105

I ported over from Rogers.  I got no feedback of cancellation from Rogers when my PM account became fully active and my Rogers SIM went dead.  I eventually got my final prorated bill but no retention call.

clogan2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think that they call you so fast that they don't even have a chance to review their account details.

She actually offered me an inferrior plan prior to telling me that she couldn't offer me a better deal.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@clogan2  LOL so they pretty much just called you to remind you of the great deal you were already getting????

clogan2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I got a retention call from Bell after being with them for more than six years. It was instantaneous, as soon as I submitted the form on the web page, they gave me a call.

I was getting 500MB data, unlimited texting, and 300 minutes of local calling for $35/month. The lady who called said "You're already getting a great deal, we can't offer you any retention offers." Smiley LOL

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@laabs73  I wouldn't hold you breath about the retention part lol.  I ported over from rogers after 15 years with them, along with home products as well, and didnt hear a peep.

laabs73

Thanks for the quick replies!. that's what I thought , just wanted some confirmation.

I did think they would try to retain us with more effort, but we shall see 😉

Thanks!

SRS

Ported 6 numbers over from Wind.  You do not have to do anything at all.  If you had a tab balance it will be charged to your CC on file.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

Hello! welcome to PM! but you shouldnt have anything to worry about, as long as your porting process was complete (which you have service so it shoudl be) then the wind portion of you life is now over!

If you had any oustanding balances with them or anything im sure you'll receive some kind of final bill, b ut if not, then enjoy the reception!

Need Help? Let's chat.