Did you mean: 

No caller ID

Melanie_elliott
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have no caller I.D. I can only see numbers if they are saved to  my phone

15 REPLIES 15

YenVu

I doubt that since the other number is also my number lol. But I am not 100% sure. 

I tried your suggestion of deleting and re-adding and it still is not working. 

@YenVu wrote:

I have no idea if this issue has been resolved or not but I am currently having the same problem. Two numbers calling from the same provider, one caller display shows up, the other does not. Both are in my contacts list (IPhone 8 as well). 

I wonder if anyone has a solution. 

@YenVu  - is the person calling you hiding their number from showing up, do you know?

Try, deleting their contact from your contacts, and readding them.

YenVu

I have no idea if this issue has been resolved or not but I am currently having the same problem. Two numbers calling from the same provider, one caller display shows up, the other does not. Both are in my contacts list (IPhone 8 as well). 

I wonder if anyone has a solution. 

That is strange. See if you can isolate it to a problematic provider/service. For example, you could be impacted by all incoming calls from Bell landline, or Telus cellular, or Rogers landline, etc.

Once you've narrowed it down, open another ticket with the moderators to escalate it.

Melanie_elliott

sorry for the late reply. The problem is incoming calls are showing unknown caller ID.  My husband's number will show up (public mobile cell) Maybe it’s just landline numbers not showing up?  We have reset network settings and tried the airplane mode and reboots. iPhone 8 Plus 

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

@Melanie_elliott are you saying ALL incoming calls are showing no phone number? If so, how can you save them to your contact list?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wellis wrote:

Try toggling your caller ID on and off in Settings on the iPhone if other's can't see your name when calling. 

@wellis : And this one...the OP was wondering about seeing inbound numbers. This place doesn't send out name information on outbound. And we can choose whether or not to show our number. The recipient needs to have a contact with that number to show a name.

wellis
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Try toggling your caller ID on and off in Settings on the iPhone if other's can't see your name when calling. 

@computergeek541 

Yes, thus the statement in my reply which read:

"These settings may need to be enabled on the person(s) calling you"

@HALIMACS wrote:

If you're using iPhone, does this help @Melanie_elliott ?   These settings may need to be enabled on the person(s) calling you:

1. Tap Settings from your Home screen.
  2. Scroll to and then tap Phone.
  3. From the Phone menu, select the option to Show My Caller ID.
  4. Toggle the switch next to Show My Caller ID to turn the feature Off.
  5. Then, head back to Settings-> Phone menu, then turn ON the option to Show My Caller ID. Simply toggle the same switch you toggled when turning off the feature.

@HALIMACS 

These types of settings are only for blocking or showing outgoing call display information.  Incoming call display cannot be turned on.

@Melanie_elliott wrote:

Eveyone seems to be talking about the reason why a name isn't being displayed, but are you saying that no phone numbers are being shown for these calls either?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Melanie_elliott wrote:

@Melanie_elliott 

Most phone numbers should show up, but for names you will likely need the contact saved in your phone.

"Call Display shows you the phone number of whoever is calling you."

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/call-display-and-call-blocking

Did you just activate or port over a phone number? You may just need a little bit more time for the account set up in the backend.

In the meantime, try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

If you're using iPhone, does this help @Melanie_elliott ?   These settings may need to be enabled on the person(s) calling you:

1. Tap Settings from your Home screen.
  2. Scroll to and then tap Phone.
  3. From the Phone menu, select the option to Show My Caller ID.
  4. Toggle the switch next to Show My Caller ID to turn the feature Off.
  5. Then, head back to Settings-> Phone menu, then turn ON the option to Show My Caller ID. Simply toggle the same switch you toggled when turning off the feature.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Melanie_elliott Usually, you need to save a phone # with a name in your contact list first, and if that person calls, their name would be displayed. There is no guarantee that the caller's name would appear if the caller is not saved in your contact list.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If the person is calling from Rogers, Fido, and some landline providers, a name will be displayed even if the phone number is not saved on the phone.

Try having someone call you from either a landline or if they use Rogers or Fido to test your call display.

Need Help? Let's chat.