cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No access to texting or calling/receiving calls

Tara5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Dear Community, 

I started using Public Mobile since March 21st and ever since then it has been causing me issues. Just a week ago I was left without any phone or texting service for 5 days and now since yesterday the same thing has happened. I had to wait for my daughter to come and help me last time and I am not sure how the activation issue with the SIM card was figured out. But now, I am waiting for an important call since yesterday and it seemed odd to have not received any texts or calls since yesterday. And now I noticed it is doing the same issue again of not being able to receive any texts/calls or send any out myself - please help me figure this out, it is extremely frustrating and I have tried taking the SIM card out and put it back. Thank you in advance and hope someone knows what might be going on - Tara

7 REPLIES 7

@Tara5 

It may be a phone compatibility issue - you'll know when you do the SIM swapping between different devices.

I do hope it's just an account provisioning issue.

Hope everything works out!!!

Tara5

Very great solution! Thank you - my daughter uses Public Mobile and she was the one who suggested it to me. I will ask her to help with that - It is a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge

Tara5

Thank you for this suggestion! I will give it a try with a different phone - it is a Samsung GalaxyS7 edge.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Tara5 

This should not be happening.

Can you advise what model is your phone?  Also, what area in Canada you are in?

It's possible your SIM may need to be provisioned - only the Moderators can do this.  

If you know someone else with Public Mobile, try THEIR SIM card in your device to see if things work normally.    If it does, this will confirm the issue is related to your SIM/account.  If it doesn't, then it's likely device-related.

@Tara5 

If above suggestions don't work, you can also try

network reset on your phone.

Which model phone do you have?

If possible, you can put the SIM card in another working phone.  That helps determine whether hardware set up issue versus PM service problem.  

Tara5

Thank you for your help - It was working just fine for a few days after the number was port over on Saturday last week, but since yesterday it's not working again. I will try the methods you've mentioned again. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Tara5 wrote:

Dear Community, 

I started using Public Mobile since March 21st and ever since then it has been causing me issues. Just a week ago I was left without any phone or texting service for 5 days and now since yesterday the same thing has happened. I had to wait for my daughter to come and help me last time and I am not sure how the activation issue with the SIM card was figured out. But now, I am waiting for an important call since yesterday and it seemed odd to have not received any texts or calls since yesterday. And now I noticed it is doing the same issue again of not being able to receive any texts/calls or send any out myself - please help me figure this out, it is extremely frustrating and I have tried taking the SIM card out and put it back. Thank you in advance and hope someone knows what might be going on - Tara

Hello @Tara5 ,

Did you port a phone number over, perhaps it did not complete or failed.

Have moderators investigate.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

In the meantime, try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reboot your phone again

Need Help? Let's chat.