cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Taxes on PLans

csayers
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was wondering if plans will be offerred that are currently lower than now with Taxes paid on the service.  It seems the low tax areas like Alberta are subsidizing provinces with much higher PST or HSTs.  on a $40 bill a PST of 7% adds $2.80 to the bill.   In Alberta I could reduce my bill by $2.80  and just pay 5% GST .

4 REPLIES 4

Hi. Taxes are always not included in Rate Plan(s)

Only after, and it's mandatory for businesses to charge HST unless they have certain limited promos

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I can confirm that the "Amount Due" shown in your self serve is before taxes.  On your renewal day, your provincial tax will be added to this amount the the total will be charged to you.  

None of the listed plan prices include taxes either.  

csayers
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Maybe I jumped the Gun,

It appears that taxes are extra,  I have not received my first 90 bill yet on my Credit Card so I didn't seee what is charged.  I guesss the answer will stare me in the face in a few days when the charge hits my credit card.

Mayor / Maire

I've always wondered what decides the tax that is charged for a PM account. Is it the billing address, or the area code of the phone number?

If it's the billing address, can this later be changed by a customer? Say if someone moves from Ontario to Alberta? Will changing it also affect the tax structure?

Need Help? Let's chat.