cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service

Ashley98
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone stopped working at some point today and says I have no service. After reading some of the posts here I got worried that I got Sim jacked so I marked my phone as lost or stolen just in case. I contacted a moderator and was told “When you suspended your account you have dezactivated your sim card, you have to purchase a new sim card to swap it.” 

Does marking my phone as lost or stolen actually permanently deactivate my SIM? I was under the impression I could mark it as lost or stolen, wait a few mins and mark it as found to fix my no service issue? 

It obviously didn’t work to fix my no service issue but do I really need to go buy a new sim?

25 REPLIES 25

@Ashley98 

"No service", being unable to make or recieve calls, incoming calling going straight to voicemail, or texts and still having another service work is most often a provisioning issue. If a different moderator fixed the provisioning you can get a review link from them and produce a review link for the original moderator to give feedback to pm about the misinformation you first recieved.

👍    👍        glad it all works out !!

Ashley98

A moderator cleared a provision error from the SIM and its working now. Thank you to everyone for your help! 

Great to hear it is not simjacked and phone is working with other SIM.   

Since you have a mod looking into it, I think you should be getting back your service back today.   Let us know.

krs99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

PM ran some network maintenance just recently.

Maybe the network didn't come back properly for you.

I had no service & emergency calls only yesterday - turning off the LTE option on my phone fixed that.

Ashley98

The other sim I tried was public mobile too. The sim number matches so it wasn’t sim jacked. A different moderator is looking into it for me and trying to fix it. 

@Ashley98 

Have a different moderator compare sim card numbers and give you the sim card number in your account for you to confirm but it is unlikely that you have been simjacked.

Make sure the moderator resets your account and tries to reprovision your sim card. If this fails then you will need a new sim card. Sim card failures are very rare but do happen. Unless your sim card is very old just purchase a new one and save the reciept. When you contact the moderator to swap sim cards you can submit the reciept for a credit on your account.

krs99

@Ashley98

@Ashley98 wrote:

It just says no service. I just tried a SIM card from another phone and it worked fine so it’s definitely an issue with the sim not the phone. 

---------------

I wouldn't assume that unless the other SIM is a PM one as well.

If it's the LTE issue and the other SIM connects to a network that supports LTE, its the LTE setting.

@totalUser I might even ask again .. (and again) if you need another SIM... tell him/her the Community members here not agree and they need to make an official announcement if that is the case.   😂

Can you test your sim in another phone?

Insist that mod gives you the last 4 digits of the card. If it doesn't match demand they reinstated it back and check your banking info

If they match your card, Sim cards don't fail often but they do fail from time to time and in that case we have to replace them. Canadian cell supply gives them very cheap and they arrive in less than a week. https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards/products/public-sim-card 

Cool.... hope the OP doesn't need to repurchase another SIM.

Thanks @Dunkman 

@HALIMACS 

You are correct.  In the past, moderators were able to re-associate the SIM card.  I don' think that things have changed.  

@Dunkman 

Can't the Moderators re-associate the SIM card with the rightful customer's device again without the OP having to purchase another SIM?

I'm sure I recall that they were able to do this for the many folks who previously had been SIM swapped?  (perhaps it was a YMMV thing, don't know...)

Has that part of a SIM swap changed?

@Ashley98 

please create another ticket and stop speaking with that mod. 

please click on the green chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen to speak with SIMon

type "no service"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "click here to submit a ticket!)
*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Moderators are available from
- Monday to Friday: 6AM- 10PM EST
- Saturday and Sunday: 6AM- 10PM EST

if you were sim jacked then mods are to blame here. since they control the sim swap function

@Ashley98 

@Ashley98 wrote:

It just says no service. I just tried a SIM card from another phone and it worked fine so it’s definitely an issue with the sim not the phone. 

You are correct that it is likely SIM issue.  You probably need to wait for moderator response for now to check if SIM jacked.  Or another PM service issue.

Ashley98

@Ashley98  what is showing up on top on your phone?  There is no message like SIM no provisioned, right?

krs99

If your account is all paid and is active and you still have the problem, try changing the network setting on your phone from LTE/WCDMA/GSM –> WCDMA/GSM

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ashley98 : Then try your IMEI at devicecheck.ca to check that idea.

Ashley98

I’ve already tried resuming service and it didn’t work unfortunately. My renewal date was May 3 and it’s been working until this morning so it isn’t a payment issue. 

@Ashley98 wrote:

Thanks that’s what I thought! I’m still waiting to hear back from him about why I need to buy a new sim. He hasn’t asked me to confirm sim number. It looks like you can’t change SIM card numbers online anymore though so is sim jacking even still possible? 

@Ashley98 unfortunately, it is still possible, but much more unlikely to happen now.

Is it past your renewal date, perhaps your autopay failed.

If so, make a manual payment.

Also try one or more of the below to help with Network Issues:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

* reset network settings

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Ashley98 

That is inaccurate.  You just suspended your account with lost/stolen phone option.  You can report your phone found and then it should be active again.  

However, if you believe that you were SIM swapped, you will need to buy a new SiM card to get swapped (Edit: or moderator should be able to re-associate your old SIM).  SIM swaps are much more rarer since PM put restrictions. The moderator should be able to check if your SIM card was swapped though. 

Another possibility is a blacklisted phone (if you purchased the phone secondhand). 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ashley98 : That would be a substantial dramatic change that I would think would require some kind of announcement. So I'm also saying no. Go back in and click on Resume. After doing so hopefully it will show as active. But then it might be suspended. When does your renewal happen?

Ashley98

Thanks that’s what I thought! I’m still waiting to hear back from him about why I need to buy a new sim. He hasn’t asked me to confirm sim number. It looks like you can’t change SIM card numbers online anymore though so is sim jacking even still possible? 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

No, you can resume your account back with the same SIM card.  Many members here use this trick for various reasons.

So, did the Mod reply you with the SIM number on the record for your to verify??

Need Help? Let's chat.