cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service

00wing
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone have no service . Bills are pay on time. Restart phone. unplug plug.. nothing is working.. is it because of the sim card?

14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@iChef wrote:

For what this community was created? To tell everyone how to contact some ''moderator''? To get issues resolved each client must register here also? It is ridiculous.

@Anonymous 

Now it is ok. Maybe I miss something, but I have never had such outages before with my previous cell providers. Who will compensate for the losses incurred?

@iChef 

I think the intent of the community is as a first response "triage" of questions. Then, if no resolution (however long), to be directed to the actual CSR's called the moderator_team.

Down on the bottom of this page are the Service Terms. There are no guarantees of 24/7/365.25 uptime. I would very much doubt any "compensation" would be forthcoming.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Disregard this post.

iChef

@kb_mv 

Maybe it is acceptable for someone here to you pay for ''no service'', but not for everyone. Thank you for understanding.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@iChef Take a deep breath. A lot of issues are solved here by customers. Those that have issues that can't be solved here are referred to PM employees AKA Moderators. This method of online only customer service is not hidden. It is on the main page. If this doesn't meet your needs perhaps a higher tier provider is needed?

iChef

For what this community was created? To tell everyone how to contact some ''moderator''? To get issues resolved each client must register here also? It is ridiculous.

@Anonymous 

Now it is ok. Maybe I miss something, but I have never had such outages before with my previous cell providers. Who will compensate for the losses incurred?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@iChef wrote:

Same here. No service/network whole last night and this morning untill noon.

I missed several very important calls. Is this normal for this operator? How to get compensation for such a terrible network and service?

@iChef 

Sometimes there can be system outages in some areas. Technology isn't perfect.

So your services are back now?

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@iChef wrote:

I missed several very important calls. Is this normal for this operator? How to get compensation for such a terrible network and service?

@iChef As your loss of service was temporary, it is not "Same Here" like @jessej123. They  were sim jacked/swapped. Not sure with OP as they never came back. Thank your lucky stars you don't have this issue. Contact a moderator with your complaint.

You can contact the mods one of 2 ways. Open a ticket through the automated ticketing system (SIMON) at the following link;

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@iChef wrote:

How to get compensation for such a terrible network and service?

You will have to discuss your service with the moderators. Choose chat bubble in lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.

iChef

@jessej123 

Once you take care of your pm account and contact your financial instituton ( ask for the fraud department they are open 24/7) and your credit cards ( put extra secret word passwords for calls to them) taje the time to create a new email for your pm account only. Once your pm account is restored change it to the new email.  I would then take the time to  change emails and passwords to any financial related accounts. Good luck!

@jessej123 wrote:

I also just had no service this evening noticed at the same time I got emails from PayPal telling me about suspicious activity (which in fact was).  I just checked my sim and it is registered to another sim.  I have disabled my account (I think) and sent a request to public mobile.

I fear I may be the victim of a sim swap, is there any other conclusion?

When I try to enter my sim that worked earlier today it says "Sorry, the SIM card number is invalid or already in use. Please try again or order a new SIM card at publicmobile.ca."

What are the next steps other than changing PWs for everything and suspending all acounts.

Log into self service and put your phone in lost/stolen mode. Change password in self service account. Check to make sure all your financials have not been compromised. Change passwords on your financials, email accounts, etc.

If not already done, contact moderators (you mentioned a request was sent):

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

jessej123

I also just had no service this evening noticed at the same time I got emails from PayPal telling me about suspicious activity (which in fact was).  I just checked my sim and it is registered to another sim.  I have disabled my account (I think) and sent a request to public mobile.

I fear I may be the victim of a sim swap, is there any other conclusion?

When I try to enter my sim that worked earlier today it says "Sorry, the SIM card number is invalid or already in use. Please try again or order a new SIM card at publicmobile.ca."

What are the next steps other than changing PWs for everything and suspending all acounts.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@00wing wrote:

My phone have no service . Bills are pay on time. Restart phone. unplug plug.. nothing is working.. is it because of the sim card?

Hi @00wing it could be.  Do the sim number check as suggested by @Jb456 above.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Is your account in good standing? Active or suspended when you log in?

While in your account click change sim. Card. Green arrow below.

Now take sim out of your phone.

Do the last 4 digits match whats in your account?

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.