cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service

The-Beev
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Been with Public Mobile for 2 yrs. suddenly I can’t connect to their network. Data bar just says ‘No Service’ or ‘Searching’. Tried turning Airplane mode on and off. Tried taking SIM card out and back in. Tried contacting mods more than 24hrs ago, no response.  I have lots of data left on my plan which renews on June 8. Any thoughts?

24 REPLIES 24

janapm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have tried all the suggested methods on this thread and unfortunately no success. Any other suggestions?  Unsure why it is doing it and have sent off a message to the mods but no response as of yet. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tweetyity wrote:

Just arrived in Canada so haven't been with any canadian provider

So you got the SIM, went through the activation process, paid for a plan, inserted the SIM and it won't connect. Sound about right?

Can you manually scan for networks? Or make sure to not use a GSM-only one.

Tweetyity

Just arrived in Canada so haven't been with any canadian provider

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tweetyity wrote:

Its a Samsung edge s7, have used it overseas in Australia and ireland so its defo unlocked

I was after compatibility. It should be no problem.

If you were with a previous Canadian provider then who?

@Tweetyity wrote:

Its a Samsung edge s7, have used it overseas in Australia and ireland so its defo unlocked

Which sub-model?

It's possible that your phone does not support all necessary North American frequencies.

Tweetyity

@Tweetyity wrote:

No its a new number

@Tweetyity  Your account has not been provisioned properly only the moderators can fix it this problem. Hopefully you don't have to wait to o long.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tweetyity wrote:

No its a new number

What exact make/model phone are you using?

@TweetyityYou might want to start a new thread instead of piggy backing off someone else. Because the OP's problem has been fixed, OP will still get notified that the thread gets updated and it might be cumbersome for OP because they might not want to be involved anymore.

Can you tell us what model phone you are using, what network was it on before? Just to narrow down whether it is a hardware / Public's problem, do you have a spare phone that you can pop the SIM in?

With the SIM card in does your phone display Public Mobile on the notification bar?

Tweetyity

No its a new number

@Tweetyity wrote:

Set up number about 6hrs ago, have went to network settings and hit public mobile says cannot connect try later, been saying it for last few hours

@Tweetyity  Are you porting your number from another provider?

Tweetyity

Set up number about 6hrs ago, have went to network settings and hit public mobile says cannot connect try later, been saying it for last few hours

@Tweetyity wrote:

Me too, i just got a sim and cant connect to network.  No service.  Have you heard from them yet

@Tweetyity Try restarting your phone.

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tweetyity wrote:

Me too, i just got a sim and cant connect to network.  No service.  Have you heard from them yet

How long ago did you port your number? It may take up to 2 hours or more. Have you set your APN setting in the meantime? The more info your provide the more people can help with your situation.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

Tweetyity

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kselmak wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@The-Beev wrote:

Thank you so much!  This solution worked for me. 

Without knowing who you replied to...what solution? We'd all like to know what fixes things.

It looks like it was the lost stolen trick that did it (I clicked on the solution link)

Oh! He's the OP! Of course. Duh. Thanks.

@Anonymous wrote:

@The-Beev wrote:

Without knowing who you replied to...what solution? We'd all like to know what fixes things.

It looks like it was the lost stolen trick that did it (I clicked on the solution link)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@The-Beev wrote:

The-Beev
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi @The-Beev Try @Lieux 's suggestion if it is an iPhone 6 or 6s.. their antennas are known to go kaput.

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is becoming my standard advice in these circumstances. Try a network reset.

Android: Settings->System/Advanced->Reset Options->Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth

iPhone: Settings->Reset->Reset Network Settings

You will lose your saved Wi-Fi networks and BT devices and need to add them back in again, but this often helps solve these issues.

lexielexie157

I have been without any cell service since last Thursday and have tried the above suggestion and it did not work for me.....I hope you have better luck!

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@The-Beev can you try your sim card in a different phone?

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@The-Beev wrote:

Been with Public Mobile for 2 yrs. suddenly I can’t connect to their network. Data bar just says ‘No Service’ or ‘Searching’. Tried turning Airplane mode on and off. Tried taking SIM card out and back in. Tried contacting mods more than 24hrs ago, no response.  I have lots of data left on my plan which renews on June 8. Any thoughts?

You can try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.