cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service on iPhone 6

dayelee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

Long time user of PM, first time community member poster here. I already contacted a Moderator about my situation, but I'm hoping I can find someone that has experienced something similar to me or a "quick" solution since I do need to use my phone for important matters. 

Just before midnight last night, my iPhone 6 went out of service... cannot recieve any SMS/phone calls, tried putting my sim card into another device (didn't work), turning my phone on/off, etc. I know for a fact that I paid my last bill about a week ago and had Auto-pay on (I did take off auto-pay around Saturday evening because I am going to recieve a new phone in the mail to port my current # to - I haven't recieved the new phone yet) I also tried logging into my account multiple times before and it does not let me in.. I have tried calling to "top-up" my account as well and it says that they're having trouble finding my phone #... Now I'm just waiting for a moderator to message me back. Is there anyone that has experienced this before? TIA! 🙂

11 REPLIES 11

dayelee

@Luddite that seems to be the case according to what the Moderators told me! I’m glad I didn’t lose my phone # (phew) I’m just waiting on the new phone now! There might be a delay because of Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Thank you all for your insight! 🙂

@dayelee wrote:

@geopublic maybe! While I was ordering my new phone, I put in all the information to port it out (account #, phone #, service provider) so that could be the case.. I have not recieved the phone yet though. I am not able to call or use my phone # as of right now, it would say "Call Failed". I think I'll have to wait and see what the moderators say as they have a better idea of what happened to my account. 

@dayelee Because you requested a transfer to Telus your PM account was closed as soon as the transfer finished! That is how the process is supposed to happen. Your Telus SIM should be providing service, though you are likely waiting for it to arrive too.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@dayelee wrote:

@geopublic I'll be leaving Public Mobile and going back to Telus.

@dayelee  Noted, Thanks for clarifying.

dayelee

@geopublic I'll be leaving Public Mobile and going back to Telus.

@dayelee wrote:

@geopublic maybe! While I was ordering my new phone, I put in all the information to port it out (account #, phone #, service provider) so that could be the case.. I have not recieved the phone yet though. I am not able to call or use my phone # as of right now, it would say "Call Failed". I think I'll have to wait and see what the moderators say as they have a better idea of what happened to my account. 

@dayelee If you just purchased a new phone are you leaving Public Mobile and going with another provider? If you are just changing phones and staying with Public you just need to remove your sim from your old phone and insert it in your new phone.

dayelee

dayelee

@Luddite I'll wait and see what a moderator says. Thank you for the suggestions though! 

dayelee

@hairbag1 that seems to be the case! Hopefully a moderator will reply back to my message soon. I was able to verify my account, just waiting for the next steps now. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@dayelee wrote:

Hi all,

Long time user of PM, first time community member poster here. I already contacted a Moderator about my situation, but I'm hoping I can find someone that has experienced something similar to me or a "quick" solution since I do need to use my phone for important matters. 

Just before midnight last night, my iPhone 6 went out of service... cannot recieve any SMS/phone calls, tried putting my sim card into another device (didn't work), turning my phone on/off, etc. I know for a fact that I paid my last bill about a week ago and had Auto-pay on (I did take off auto-pay around Saturday evening because I am going to recieve a new phone in the mail to port my current # to - I haven't recieved the new phone yet) I also tried logging into my account multiple times before and it does not let me in.. I have tried calling to "top-up" my account as well and it says that they're having trouble finding my phone #... Now I'm just waiting for a moderator to message me back. Is there anyone that has experienced this before? TIA! 🙂

@dayelee  From what you describe it sounds like your number was ported out from Public and your account was closed. Try calling your number what happens?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@dayelee Ouch; that sure seems as though your account has been "deleted". Even a suspended account can call 611. 

Can't think of anything more to try without access to your self serve account, so you must create an emergency plan. I suggest you immediately get a Textnow account; that will allow full free texting/calling service while connected to wifi.

If you must have cell service immediately, suggest you activate a new PM, or Lucky. account temorarily. Perhaps, try a different SIM in your phone just to be sure there are no issues with it.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@dayelee wrote:

Hi all,

Sounds like your account has Expired. The moderators should be able to get you going again, but you should add $$ to Available Funds as soon as you can.

Need Help? Let's chat.