cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service for 4 Days + Plan Expired Today

Sdelesie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I messaged moderators about problem 1 about 25 hours ago, I have not heard back yet. I’ve just messaged them again now with all the below. I’m hoping someone here might have a magic solution as I’ve been without phone service most of the time since Saturday night, and completely since early Tuesday morning. 

*** Problem 1 ***

I’ve had intermittent ‘No Service’ since Saturday evening; with No Service for most of that time (Saturday evening to Tuesday morning).

I’ve had ‘No Service’ 100% since 9am EST Tuesday July 23 (24 hours and counting). My plan said Active until morning of July 24 (see problem 2 for what happened next).

I’ve tried all these things which have not fixed the issue:

- turn airplane mode on and off

- restart my phone

- reset network settings on phone

- pull out and reinsert SIM

- In my account, report phone lost/stolen, wait then reinstate account, and restart phone

Still have ‘No Service’, as of July 24. 

*** Problem 2 ***

And now, as of this morning (July 24) my plan reports as Expired under My Account. 

My plan was set to renew July 24.

I’m on Auto-Pay to have been processed July 23. 

This worked fine in June (I joined in May).

My credit card was charged my plan amount ($28.25 for $25 plan).

My account shows a balance of $25. 

There is no way for me to reactivate my plan without making another payment. 

I made a one-time additional payment just now (July 24) to hopefully reactivate my plan. Credit card was charged. My account balance now shows $50. 

Plan still says Expired. My phone still reports No Service. There is still a message to add funds to reactivate my account. EVEN THOUGH my account balance shows $50, and I’m on a $25 plan. 

These are clearly two different issues. The Plan expired well after I was having No Service issues.

There is nothing else I can think to do from my end, and I need phone & message access. I’m a one-phone household. 

Again, I’ve messaged moderators, but am waiting to hear back. Now 25 hours later... 

Thanks for your help!

Selena

11 REPLIES 11

Sdelesie

@Anonymous wrote:

@Sdelesie wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@Sdelesie  If your phone is an older model iPhone 6 it has been reported that some of those phones have issues with the antenna and that would cause the no service error. To eliminate that possibility that is why it's a good idea to try your sim card in another phone.

As for your renewal, it appears AutoPay did work because you said that your balance was $25 so there was no need to make an additional payment. Thr PM renewal is confusing but when it's in process then best to just let it go it's thing.

Yes, I have an iPhone 6. I really hope it’s not an antenna issue. Not able to replace my phone right now. 

Thanks for the the info on autopay and balance. That was rather confusing. 

Apparently an Apple store is pretty good about antenna repairs. But I have gathered around here that that phone is a bit notorious for this problem.

If things were normal around here you ought to have received a text that your renewal is done at noon ET (4 minutes ago).

I just checked my account online and it says it is active again. So the renewal finally went through and Public Mobile actually applied the relevant balance. So problem 2 is solved.... but I still don’t know what happened or how it actually got fixed. 

Problem 1 is still outstanding. My phone still reports No Service. 

I’m an hour away from the nearest Apple Store, so that’s a whole morning, afternoon, or evening to get them to look at the antennae. Still hoping Public Mobile moderators find a problem on their end that will fix this problem. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sdelesie wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@Sdelesie  If your phone is an older model iPhone 6 it has been reported that some of those phones have issues with the antenna and that would cause the no service error. To eliminate that possibility that is why it's a good idea to try your sim card in another phone.

As for your renewal, it appears AutoPay did work because you said that your balance was $25 so there was no need to make an additional payment. Thr PM renewal is confusing but when it's in process then best to just let it go it's thing.

Yes, I have an iPhone 6. I really hope it’s not an antenna issue. Not able to replace my phone right now. 

Apparently an Apple store is pretty good about antenna repairs. But I have gathered around here that that phone is a bit notorious for this problem.

If things were normal around here you ought to have received a text that your renewal is done at noon ET (4 minutes ago).

Sdelesie

@geopublic wrote:

Sdelesie

@Anonymous wrote:

Jeez...tl;dr and all but you gotta read the OP when trying to help. I went into a whole thing and realized I was re-stating the already stated.

The OP has done all they can about the account. That needs the moderator. Or they have to wait for the renewal to finish.

The No service as she said is another matter. So sure the idea of trying the SIM in another phone is a good one.

Anyway...I'll slink away.

Thanks for reading the OP so well. 🙂

Will try the SIM swap with a friend tonight. 

Sdelesie

@kselmak wrote:

One of my plans just did the same in the account page is says it has expired and the account balance is in surplus, but I have it working just fine. I'm monitoring the issue and waiting for them to withdraw the balance.

For no service thing, do you have access to another phone could you test your sim in a friend phone? 

Did you try reporting it lost then found?

You may have to wait a bit longer for their response they may be very busy and wait may be over 48 hours. It's better not to send too many messages as it may create more confusion. 

Yes, already tried the lost and found tip. No help.

Unfortunately I’m self-employed, and haven’t been around anyone since this issue started. I’ll try swapping sim’s with a friend this evening.

The moderator wait time is a pretty big issue when phone access is down for days and days. 😕

Sdelesie

@Triguy wrote:

Try the lost phone trick. To report your phone stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose  Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose  Lost/Stolen Phone  tab.  The choose  Suspend Service  tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes. Login in and report your phone found.  Reboot your phone.  if that does not work then you would need to wait for a moderator which can take 48 - 72 horus for a respone.

Already tried that (as indicated in my post). 🤷🏻‍♀️

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Sdelesie wrote:

I messaged moderators about problem 1 about 25 hours ago, I have not heard back yet. I’ve just messaged them again now with all the below. I’m hoping someone here might have a magic solution as I’ve been without phone service most of the time since Saturday night, and completely since early Tuesday morning. 

*** Problem 1 ***

I’ve had intermittent ‘No Service’ since Saturday evening; with No Service for most of that time (Saturday evening to Tuesday morning).

I’ve had ‘No Service’ 100% since 9am EST Tuesday July 23 (24 hours and counting). My plan said Active until morning of July 24 (see problem 2 for what happened next).

I’ve tried all these things which have not fixed the issue:

- turn airplane mode on and off

- restart my phone

- reset network settings on phone

- pull out and reinsert SIM

- In my account, report phone lost/stolen, wait then reinstate account, and restart phone

Still have ‘No Service’, as of July 24. 

*** Problem 2 ***

And now, as of this morning (July 24) my plan reports as Expired under My Account. 

My plan was set to renew July 24.

I’m on Auto-Pay to have been processed July 23. 

This worked fine in June (I joined in May).

My credit card was charged my plan amount ($28.25 for $25 plan).

My account shows a balance of $25. 

There is no way for me to reactivate my plan without making another payment. 

I made a one-time additional payment just now (July 24) to hopefully reactivate my plan. Credit card was charged. My account balance now shows $50. 

Plan still says Expired. My phone still reports No Service. There is still a message to add funds to reactivate my account. EVEN THOUGH my account balance shows $50, and I’m on a $25 plan. 

These are clearly two different issues. The Plan expired well after I was having No Service issues.

There is nothing else I can think to do from my end, and I need phone & message access. I’m a one-phone household. 

Again, I’ve messaged moderators, but am waiting to hear back. Now 25 hours later... 

Thanks for your help!

Selena

You did everything you could, the last thing I would suggest is try to factory reset, but before do it make sure you back up everything on your phone, otherwise you will lost everything on your phone.

As for your renewal, it appears AutoPay did work because you said that your balance was $25 so there was no need to make an additional payment. Thr PM renewal is confusing but when it's in process then best to just let it do it's thing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jeez...tl;dr and all but you gotta read the OP when trying to help. I went into a whole thing and realized I was re-stating the already stated.

The OP has done all they can about the account. That needs the moderator. Or they have to wait for the renewal to finish.

The No service as she said is another matter. So sure the idea of trying the SIM in another phone is a good one.

Anyway...I'll slink away.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

One of my plans just did the same in the account page is says it has expired and the account balance is in surplus, but I have it working just fine. I'm monitoring the issue and waiting for them to withdraw the balance.

For no service thing, do you have access to another phone could you test your sim in a friend phone? 

Did you try reporting it lost then found?

You may have to wait a bit longer for their response they may be very busy and wait may be over 48 hours. It's better not to send too many messages as it may create more confusion. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try the lost phone trick. To report your phone stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose  Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose  Lost/Stolen Phone  tab.  The choose  Suspend Service  tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes. Login in and report your phone found.  Reboot your phone.  if that does not work then you would need to wait for a moderator which can take 48 - 72 horus for a respone.

Need Help? Let's chat.