cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service - Random phone #s

tdc774
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I haven't had any service over the past 1.5 hours. I tried taking SIM out, restarting phone, etc. Cellular is on, airplane mode off. 

I checked my statement on my public account, and oddly, unidentified phone numbers are showing up in my call log, ever since I lost service. I never placed any calls as I had no service. 

Help 😞 

15 REPLIES 15

tdc774

Thanks everyone. Turns out I had forgot to resume service. 

@tdc774  When this first started we mentioned to use the Lost/Stolen feature. Did you do that? If you did have you removed it?

Does anything work?

Text?

Incoming calls?

Data?

What plan are you on? $15 by chance with limited outgoing minutes?

Calling a Canada number?

All numbers or one specific number?

tdc774

I changed the SIM as per instructions. Now I have service, but cannot place calls. Instead I get a message "Sorry, we cannot complete you call". Maybe it just takes a while? 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@dabr  nice catch! Missed this one in my notifications.

@tdc774  Yes you'll have your account back and same number. As Dabr mentioned make sure all passwords are changed 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@tdc774 wrote:

Would I be able to keep my number if I do the change sim option?

@tdc774   Changing the SIM in your account doesn't affect your number or plan, so yes you'll keep your phone number. 

However, did you change your login/passwords for PM and other accounts that may have been compromised because of the SIMjack?

tdc774

Would I be able to keep my number if I do the change sim option?

@tdc774  have you set your account to lost /stolen from my other posts yesterday? To block the scammer from having access to your number?

Moderators standard response time is 24/48 hours but usually quicker. You'll have to wait till they get back to you.

Your other option is to go to a Walmart or London Drugs if you have that in your area and purchase a new sim card. DO NOT activate it. You have to go into your account and click "Change sim card" and put the new sim number in. Then all your info and number will be transferred to new sim card and you'll be good to go again. Or wait for moderators as they have a way to get everything back on the card you currently have.

tdc774

I PMed about 8 hours ago. 

tdc774

OP here. Turns out the SIMs didn't match so I did deactive the SIM through my account. I PMed the mods but got no response yet. How do I open a ticket? Thanks. 

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@tdc774 wrote:

I haven't had any service over the past 1.5 hours. I tried taking SIM out, restarting phone, etc. Cellular is on, airplane mode off. 

I checked my statement on my public account, and oddly, unidentified phone numbers are showing up in my call log, ever since I lost service. I never placed any calls as I had no service. 

Help 😞 

This could be a phone issue or network problem. Do the outgoing phone numbers end in 4001? Those aren't outgoing calls. The details say outgoing but those are only calls forwarded to voicemail.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@tdc774...

don't wanna scare you but ...keep a close eye on your credit card / debit card / savings accounts for the next few days.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@tdc774 

If they don't you have Been a victim of simjacking.

Click plans and add-ons then lost/stolen mark it as stolen to block whoever has access to your account sim.

Then immediately start changing all your passwords and check your financials for fraud.

Then open a ticket for moderators.

Or private message them at link below 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Let us know!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@tdc774 

Click change SIM card in your account. It will show you last 4 digits of sim. Take sim out of phone. 

Do they match?

Green arrow 

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.