cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service? Cannot dial out???

biros
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There doesn't seem to be a forum where network/service status is discussed to I am posting to this miscellaneous forum.

I am having a VERY odd issue today... I can receive calls but i cannoto place any? My phone shows Dialing... then a second or two later literally just hangs up and returns to the dial pad....

How do I dial out to make calls?

Note: I also have mobile data just fine too.

Help.

13 REPLIES 13

ilikepubmobile

Simple solution is to switch carrier. You will have access to better outcomes, customer support and pay around the same.

Jan99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have no service but understand there is a problem in Ontario, as a new user does this occur often?

@kaylamary wrote:

I posted about the same issue, a moderator replied:

I understand that you are experiencing issues with your network and this is due to a network outage in QC and ON, that is affecting HSPA and LTE services.

Please know that the service is gradually coming back on its own and the outage should not last much longer.

Regardless, I don't want you guys to worry too much, because we already have our team working on this matter.

Thanks for your patience and understanding Smiley Happy

what is the date of this posting

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ChelseaLinton, did you check this Telus outage map?  Are you near an affected area?

ChelseaLinton

I'm in BC and I don't have any service either.

LEGO

@FinetalPies Check this Telus outage map: click here

FinetalPies

Is service down in BC now? It was working fine earlier today

@romosbc wrote:

Service in Atlantic Canada seems to have been restored as of 5 minutes ago! My second day as a customer and already an outage...but do know these things happen, so let's hope it's not a regular occurence. 

Cheers!

At least it's not Freedom Mobile who has good plan prices but lousy network reliability.  You wouldn't believe how many times I have to try to call a friend who uses Freedom.  Much of the time, calls go directly to voicemail, and text messages sometimes take 30 minutes to get delivered.  It's come down tot he point that it's more reliable to talk to her through Facebook Messenger because of how bad things are.

Think of this outage as a once a year glitch, rather than an everyday occurance.

romosbc

Service in Atlantic Canada seems to have been restored as of 5 minutes ago! My second day as a customer and already an outage...but do know these things happen, so let's hope it's not a regular occurence. 

Cheers!

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Please note that Atlantic Canada has been added to the list of affected areas and we are working on fixing this!

I'm sorry guys but thanks for your patience and understanding 🙂

Regards,

Ashley

kaylamary

I posted about the same issue, a moderator replied:

I understand that you are experiencing issues with your network and this is due to a network outage in QC and ON, that is affecting HSPA and LTE services.

Please know that the service is gradually coming back on its own and the outage should not last much longer.

Regardless, I don't want you guys to worry too much, because we already have our team working on this matter.

Thanks for your patience and understanding Smiley Happy

jpar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It seems to be down for everyone.

LEGO

Try your SIM in another phone and see if it works, that would rule out the hardware problem.

Rabbi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@biros give a look in the last 3 topicks

Need Help? Let's chat.