cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SIM

bakedpotates
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just started with PublicMobile. I activated my SIM and it worked for about 4 hours and then suddenly my phone (IPhone 6s) reports No SIM. Does this mean the SIM broke after the 4 hours?

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bakedpotates wrote:

I did restart my phone and re-insert the SIM card and initially it didn't work so I just accepted it as the SIM issue. But in the morning it started coming in and out so I guess it must be my phone issue! I'm going to go to Walmart today to see if they have any solutions to my issue. I could try to just tape it like multiple other people have done here to see if it's just loose in my phone or something!

@bakedpotates you could try Walmart, but I don't think you're going to get much help--they will refer you to the community for help.  Walmart only assists with the activation, they don't support the service from that point in time.  

You could try the tape thing since it's intermittent.  Another possibility is an antenna issue with your phone.  I know of at least one community member that had that issue with an iPhone 6 but not sure if it was a 6 or a 6S.  He took it to the Apple store and they determined the antenna connectoin was loose.  I don't recall if they repaired it or replaced the phone entirely, but it might be worth a visit to your local Apple store to see what they can do for you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

bakedpotates

I did restart my phone and re-insert the SIM card and initially it didn't work so I just accepted it as the SIM issue. But in the morning it started coming in and out so I guess it must be my phone issue! I'm going to go to Walmart today to see if they have any solutions to my issue. I could try to just tape it like multiple other people have done here to see if it's just loose in my phone or something!

srlawren

@bakedpotates any update?  Are you up and running now or???

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

My money is on a carrier update needed as per #4 in @MacMe's list.  This is just a semi-educated guess from a non-iOS user.

cmatassa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As all the others have said, usually a "NO SIM" message is related to your phone and not the actual SIM card.  I have an iPhone 6S as well and have had this issue in the past, but usually I just popped it out/in again or rebooted the phone and it was working again.  Make sure your SIM card is properly inserted in the tray too.  

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just found this support article by Apple that hopefully will help you:

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201420

If you get an alert that says Invalid SIM or No SIM Card installed, follow these steps.

1. Make sure that you have an active plan with your wireless carrier. 
  2. Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
  3. Restart your iPhone.
  4. Check for a carrier settings update. Go to Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see a prompt to select OK or Update.
  5. Remove your SIM card from the SIM card tray and then put the SIM card back. Make sure that the SIM tray closes completely and isn’t loose. If you use a SIM tray from a different model iPhone or from another phone manufacturer, it might not fit properly.
  6. Try using another SIM card. If you don't have one, go to your carrier's retail store and ask them to test with another SIM card. You might need to replace your SIM card.

If you still see an alert about your SIM card, contact Apple support.

meocon

@bakedpotates usually no sim is phone hardware. You can try to restore your phone via iTunes. 

Korade

In addition the advice above, try placing your SIM in another functional phone (if you have one available) or a functional SIM in your phone to test, so you can determine whether the issue is the phone or the SIM.

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Have you tried restarting your phone? If that does not work, try re-inserting your SIM or resetting your network settings. SIM cards rarely break. 

If the above does not work, you might have to message a mods for help using this link: and explain to them what happened, including your phone number and pin:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

MacMe

You can try removing the SIM and re-inserting.

Need Help? Let's chat.