cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Incoming Texts

B12
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

I signed up to PM this morning and ported my number to this service. I've noticed I am able to send texts but cannot receive them. I sent myself a test text and haven't gotten it. I presume this is due to my port?

4 REPLIES 4

B12
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@popping 

When I go to my PM account page, under Plan and Addons, I see the number I wish to port as during sign up I requested that my number be ported and I was never asked to pick or was never given a number by PM even just for temporary use.

On my phone under About phone, it also tells me my number is my ported number. So I guess it's a waiting game for PM to tell me it ported completely which according to NumberBarn (whom my number is coming from) it'll take up to 3 to 10 business days.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@B12 

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should create a support ticket for moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is up to 2 days.   https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider. You can continue to use the old provider SIM card until it stops working which is the indication that your number was released to PM.

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Please wait until the port is fully completed. This prorcess can take up till about 4hrs on most ports. You should get a text from PM stating that it is completed.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@B12 wrote:

Hi,

I signed up to PM this morning and ported my number to this service. I've noticed I am able to send texts but cannot receive them. I sent myself a test text and haven't gotten it. I presume this is due to my port?

Porting a number can take anywhere from a couple of minutes to 4 hours.  If it has been longer than that I would contact the moderators.  To do that click on the "?" in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and create a trouble ticket through SIMon

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.