cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data Samsung A5

joetracey1294
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just got an unlocked Samsung Galaxey A5 a few days ago and all was workign well after impoting my SIM card untill about a half hour ago a friend tried to send me a picture and myu data qyuit working all toghter. How can i fix it?

15 REPLIES 15

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@Korthwrote:

Login to your PM Self-Serve account and confirm you have unused data available on this billing cycle.

Again.  You may have simply used up all your data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@joetracey1294, As I mentioned a couple of days ago, if it was working on the new phone for a few days, and then suddenly stopped for no reason, send a private message to the moderators team.  Let them take a look from their end.

Click here to send them a private message.
You can find information regarding the moderators team by following this link.

joetracey1294

The problem is it was working for a few days to a week and then just quit, if it was working I don't think it's an issue with compatability 

rohith_reddi

change APN Settings.

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com 
Proxy: Leave blank 
Port: Leave blank 
Username: Leave blank 
Password: Leave blank 
Server: Leave blank 
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc 
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18 
MMS port: 80 
MCC: 302 
MNC: 220 
Authentication type: Leave blank 
APN type: Leave blank 

and change the network to 3g or else VoLet

There are at least 14 different Samsung A5 variants/submodels, at least 6 of which have only limited or partial compatibility with PM (Telus) networks.

You should identify your Samsung A5 model and confirm if it's fully compatible with PM.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/compatibility/883_12_public_mobile_compatibility_with_samsung_galaxy_a...

Confirm APN settings.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/settings/883_15_public_mobile_apn_settings_for_samsung_galaxy_a5.php

Confirm SMS/MMS attachments and cellular data are enabled in settings.  You don't strictly need Data on your plan for msg attachments, but might as well check everything all at once.

Restart the device.  Not strictly necessary, but I'm old school and I like proven solutions.

Login to your PM Self-Serve account and confirm you have unused data available on this billing cycle.  If all your allocated data is used up (or was all used up on previous billing cycles) then there might a technical issue the @CS_Agent can correct on their side.

Test whether SMS/MMS attachments work by having a friend send you a msg.

If it still doesn't work properly then contact the mods.

Civic_E
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Try sending a MMS to your own number!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

try the network reset option it  cant hurt.  or possibly a different texting app?   

i know i have occasionnaly had this happen to me and it resolved it self within 24-48 hours.

i'm grasping at straws now so i will let others chime in.

joetracey1294

Unforintly i can't do that last step as my new cell is a micro SIM  and my old one wasnt. i tired step 2 and it still isnt working

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

hey @joetracey1294  my first step would be to check your account to ensure you see the data addon (if it is not listed that means you have used up all your data,  this however should not impact your mms, so really you could skip this.

also this might help in you apn settings

Set APN type to “default,mms,supl”

If that fails 

I would then put your sim in your old phone and see if you can still not receive mms.  this would isolate a phone vs network issue.  if network contact the mods if phone I would delete the current apn and do a network setting reset and renter them

joetracey1294

i have cheakced it 10 times over and its all the same

Anonymous
Not applicable

However, @joetracey1294 reported that the phone was working fine for a while.  If it was an APN setting issue, it wouldn't have worked from the moment he put the PM SIM into it a few days ago.

kentnleung
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

very true, the APN may need to be reset to default or set to new as PM.

its easy to find the APN setting for PM with a quick search

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I suspect it is an APN setting issue with the A5.  Take a look at this knowledge base link and make sure the APN settings are correct.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-up-Data-APN-on-your-phone/ta-p...

joetracey1294

I have had the acount for a few months now. I just got the cell phone. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@joetracey1294, Is this a new account, or have you just gone through a renewal/payment?

If not, you should send a private message to the moderators team to see what happened.  This is assuming nothing has changed on your end.

Click here to send them a private message.  Include account number and PIN to speed up the process a bit.
You can find information regarding the moderators team by following this link.

Need Help? Let's chat.