cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Cellular Data

pimpleface2014
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All,

I paid and upgraded my plan from $20 to $25 yesterday, but I still haven't been able to get any data at all today.  I have a Samsung S10 phone so I am 100% certain that it is fully compatible.  Plus, when I used my son's PM SIM card on my phone, there is data and I can browse the internet.  I tried to restart/shutdown/start my phone many times, but still doesn't work.  Any ideas? Moderators are  pretty slow in responding.

22 REPLIES 22

Nanqui
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

pimpleface2014  Good!

pimpleface2014

@geopublic wrote:

@pimpleface2014  To use the quote function you need to use a desktop version of your browser. Select the ... And then the " icon.

Thank you so much! That's what i was looking for!!!

@pimpleface2014  if you wre using community on your phone you cant if you are using it on your computer there is 3 diots above the text box click it then you will see quotation marks. 

otherwise on your phone use the @ sign then type click thenpersons name you want to respond to.

@pimpleface2014  To use the quote function you need to use a desktop version of your browser. Select the ... And then the " icon.

@pimpleface2014  That's great everything worked out for you!

Have a good week 🙂

pimpleface2014

Yes, this $20 plan was a very old plan.  Yes, I topped up my account $25 twice so now i have a credit of ~$25, after having paid for this $25 upgrade plan (Change Plan Now). 

By the way, how do I reply to answer someone else's comment such that it shows that person's comment too.

pimpleface2014

I followed Jonboy's suggestion, and it works! Thank you so much for your help!!! I guess posting in the forum is much faster than waiting for the moderator to 'think', troubleshoot, and respond.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@pimpleface2014  was the 20.00 plan a reqlly old plan? I have not heard of that. Check on your self serve account. also did you do an add on or a plan change. If you did an add on it would add immediately. If you did a plan change make aure you picked change plan right now. If you chose chamge on renewal then your data will not kick in until snext month. 

@pimpleface2014 also try switching through your mobile networks

1. Goto settings>connections>mobile networks

2. Tap network mode

cycle through the different options in there to see if it will kick start your data. the default option should be global, but try and see if you have data on one of the other options

@pimpleface2014 try resetting your network settings:

1. Open Settings>General Management>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings>Tap Reset Settings
If prompted enter your pin, passcode
3. Tap Reset Settings 1 more time to confirm

4. Restart the phone

let us know what happens

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pimpleface2014 

Two things to try:
1. Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

2. Manually add $1 into your account and restart the phone.

pimpleface2014

I emailed the moderator this morning already and he requested me to restart phone (which I did many times) but issue still exists.  I strongly believe that the moderator just have to simply 'activate' my account to the cellular network, but surprised that this will take a full day.

pimpleface2014

Yes, I checked the self-serve account and it shows that I'm on the $25 plan with data.  Plus I also have the FREE 1GB data from last year's giveaways.  So, I have data available in my account.  

I used to be on the $20 plan (old plan, grand-fathered talk+text only), but I decided yesterday to pay extra $5 to get data as well.

@pimpleface2014  Since the other PM SIM card works then it's an account issue. As others have mentioned check your selfserve account to make sure your plan was changed to the $25 plan. If not, then you need to wait for the moderator to respond.

@Jb456 wrote:

Log into your self serve account and scroll down to my data and add-ons. Does data show there ?

There's also no $20 plan. So was that a promo plan?

More details can help us. Since your son's sim worked on your phone.

There used to be a $20 plan that included talk only.

@pimpleface2014 wrote:

Hi All,

I paid and upgraded my plan from $20 to $25 yesterday, but I still haven't been able to get any data at all today.  I have a Samsung S10 phone so I am 100% certain that it is fully compatible.  Plus, when I used my son's PM SIM card on my phone, there is data and I can browse the internet.  I tried to restart/shutdown/start my phone many times, but still doesn't work.  Any ideas? Moderators are  pretty slow in responding.

If this Samsung Galaxy S10 is the same phone that you were using on your previous $20 plan, then it is compatible.  Trying your son's sim card is good trouble shooting, and this means that the problem is with your specific account. Since you haven't use any data since it hasn't worked, open a ticket up by going to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat .

You made duplicate threads now. Already asked you  a question on your other thread 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/No-Cellular-Data/m-p/531419#M111984

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@pimpleface2014 How many data does your self-service account show? Are you sure that you are on the new plan now?

pimpleface2014

Hi All,

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Log into your self serve account and scroll down to my data and add-ons. Does data show there ?

There's also no $20 plan. So was that a promo plan?

More details can help us. Since your son's sim worked on your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.