cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim activation not working

Rawdogginit
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just registered and activated a new SIM card went through all the steps completed everything and was under the knowledge that everything was done after I revived confermation my account reads paid and active with an active plan the phone is compatible and unlocked. My phone reads “no service” and my phone (I phone 😎 says that I need to enter my phone number which I didn’t write down and I can’t find on the account either. I’m unsure what to do and as to why this isn’t working I’ve tried rebooting I’ve also have tried going to change phone number and it wouldn’t allow me to change the phone number I also suspended and re activated the account which also didn’t work, I’m not sure if I need to PM modulators and how I’d get in contact with them but any help would be great thank you.

13 REPLIES 13

Rawdogginit

So I had got in contact with the moderators and the Tec Team and it happened to be back end system issues that didn’t activate the SIM card even though everything else was active. I appreciate all the help everyone have and suggested! 

@RawdogginitIt could be a provisioning problem, so it is somewhere in the PM's database system that account with your email (which is your identifier) cannot get provisioing the number and services etc correctly. In this situation, I don't think changing the SIM card number would work, because the problem lies with your account.

I guess getting a SIM card would work IF you setup a totally new account with a new email. But then you have to consider your previous SIM card and credits sunk cost, until the moderators fix it for you. If you can't wait for a Moderator to get back to you (up to 48 hours).. you got to do what you got to do.

Rawdogginit

So I’ve re entered my SIM card into the change sim section twice and both times it said that the sim was changed successfully but still no service I have contacted moderators and am waiting on a response but I’m wondering if you think if I had a new SIM card all together and changed it sooty think that would work? Is it possible to be a defective SIM card that’s why it’s allowing to be registered online but not allowing it to register to the network ?

Roger3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I believe you have done everything correct to activate the account. It is better for you to send a quick email to moderator team and explain your situation. 

@Rawdogginit 

Looks like that you probably need moderator help.  

Earlier this morning, just read another "trick" that might be worth trying.  Try changing your SIM card option.  However, instead of new SIM card number, re-enter the same SIM card number.  Not sure whether that would help.  One user Awassens this morning mentioned it.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/No-service-after-one-week/m-p/388929#...

Rawdogginit

When I dial *611 it just read calling for a few minutes and then closes. I also went into my carrier settings and checked the network I unclicked automatic connection and PM does appear but then when it’s checked off it still searches for the network and then reads no service. 

Rawdogginit

Thanks for the suggestions everyone I am going to give them all a try and go from there I’ll be sure to update you all with the outcome. 

@Rawdogginit 

If you tried your SIM card in another unlocked phone and it is not working, it is a PM service issue.  Did you activate a new number or port over a number?  

Looks like you tried the lost/stolen phone trick already.  Maybe try manual loading $1 into account.  That also seems to reset the SIM card.

If that doesn't work, you will likely need moderator help. 

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Rawdogginit Dial *611 what does it say?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Rawdogginit wrote:

I just registered and activated a new SIM card went through all the steps completed everything and was under the knowledge that everything was done after I revived confermation my account reads paid and active with an active plan the phone is compatible and unlocked. My phone reads “no service” and my phone (I phone 😎 says that I need to enter my phone number which I didn’t write down and I can’t find on the account either. I’m unsure what to do and as to why this isn’t working I’ve tried rebooting I’ve also have tried going to change phone number and it wouldn’t allow me to change the phone number I also suspended and re activated the account which also didn’t work, I’m not sure if I need to PM modulators and how I’d get in contact with them but any help would be great thank you.

@Rawdogginit  Login to selfserve select Plan & Addons your number should be displayed. Do you have another phone to test your PM sim  ? Also a good idea to try resetting network settings.

Rawdogginit

I thought the same thing so I placed the SIM card into another unlocked phone and I had the same result it’s the no service I’m not having any sim unlock issues or anything just reading no drive and not providing a phone number. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Rawdogginit If you can get into your account click on change plan your number is there

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Rawdogginit wrote:

Probably because your phone is locked with your old company. It’s free to unlocked phone now. Ask them now.

Need Help? Let's chat.