cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New physical sim card not picking up carrier

AKOTTAWA
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I was worried my past sim was copied or compromised so I purchased a new one... I put it in my Iphone XS max I did go through the process activate new sim process and used my email to get my code. It said it was successful.   However, I would like to make sure of two things. 

1. I am not getting any bars at all with the new sim card so I think I need to set up my new sim card... could someone pass me along....

2nd  I need to keep the same phone number, its my business number. I understand you do keep you own number when you just switch the sim.

3. I also have a second account # with PM that I use in a separate device. I was hoping to use a new sim card as well as and E sim with the iPhone X.   

Can someone help me out!

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

@AKOTTAWA .. you can eSIM with another carrier, like Telus or Rogers..

AKOTTAWA

Thank you,

The phone is now working.       So public mobile will not allow E sim cards so I guess that means having two sims in an iPhone XS Max is not an option

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AKOTTAWA   sound like you have already gone through Change SIM card request on My Account.

First of all, yes, Changing SIM card won't change phone number.  So, your phone number is the same, no worry

Changing SIM card request should complete almost instantly.  You an try to reboot your phone once more.  Or try to reseat the SIM once more (power off, take SIM out and put it back in and power on).   If it still fails, it is best to open a ticket with PM to confirm if the new SIM is provisioned properly

Lastly, eSIM is not currently support with PM

AKOTTAWA

Yes I did, it gave me the option to get a code through text or email...... I chose email because I was not getting any service with the new sim I just purchased

@AKOTTAWA wrote:

I was worried my past sim was copied or compromised so I purchased a new one... I put it in my Iphone XS max I did go through the process activate new sim process and used my email to get my code. It said it was successful.   However, I would like to make sure of two things. 

1. I am not getting any bars at all with the new sim card so I think I need to set up my new sim card... could someone pass me along....

2nd  I need to keep the same phone number, its my business number. I understand you do keep you own number when you just switch the sim.

3. I also have a second account # with PM that I use in a separate device. I was hoping to use a new sim card as well as and E sim with the iPhone X.   

The first thing I would try doing is to turn off your phone, remove your new SIM card and then put it back in to make sure that it's in properly.  If that doesn't work after turning your phone back on, you have an account issue. For account issues, you'll need to open a ticket to a customer support agent by going to:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@AKOTTAWA 

The account you wanted too use the new SIM card in did you go into self service into that account and choose Change Sim Card?

Need Help? Let's chat.