cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New deals now only for new customers?

bilal684
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What happened to PM? I came here 6 months ago and was hoping for a deal so I can jump on it and now the deals are only for new customers?? Make the 30$ 1GB plan available for everyone? I'm pretty pissed right now...

15 REPLIES 15

acmethod
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This is good info. I'm in a 90 day plan. that doesn't renew until June so i'm stuck regardless.

It seemed like when i first joined the promotions for new customers were additional addons, and instead of discounted base plans.

For some reason i'm cool with that, but for whatever reason the 30/1GB for new customers rubs me the wrong way.

@bilal684wrote:

does that mean us old customers hoping for a promo cannot get a plan on sale? I'm so leaving public mobile.

Probably, but not guaranteed. Leaving won't help as far as this way of doing business goes though, as all the carriers in Canada do it; though some (not PM) will bend if you complain on the phone long enough.

Best just to move to 30 days and keep your eyes open for a better deal than you have now at PM.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

bilal684

@Ludditewrote:

@acmethodwrote:

So is it possible, to get this plan the next time my plan auto renews? I recently joined public moblie as well. I'm on the $30 for 500MB.

One of the selling points my friend told me was that, when a new deal is presented, because your signing short 30-90 day contracts, you're always eligible for them when you renew.

No; it's just for new accounts. Beginning last year PM now has promos only available to new customers. You can only get this plan by opening a new account.

does that mean us old customers hoping for a promo cannot get a plan on sale? I'm so leaving public mobile.

on2wheels

I too just found out about this, and I'm disappointed in PM as well. This is typical of the big-3 providers, not what I expected here.  I'm 2 months into my PM account, not as bad as the reply on the first page of this thread but still stings a bit nonetheless.

@acmethodwrote:

So is it possible, to get this plan the next time my plan auto renews? I recently joined public moblie as well. I'm on the $30 for 500MB.

One of the selling points my friend told me was that, when a new deal is presented, because your signing short 30-90 day contracts, you're always eligible for them when you renew.

No; it's just for new accounts. Beginning last year PM now has promos only available to new customers. You can only get this plan by opening a new account.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

You won't be able to do a plan change, as you'll need to actually activate a new account.

That means, you'll need to purchase a new SIM, and create a brand new account.  I guess the plan selector page for a new account shows a specific plan, ONLY for new activations.

Also, you can not PORT your PM number, to another PM account.. so if you don't mind losing your number, or you're willing to port to another carrier, then port back in... 

The choice is yours.

acmethod

bilal684

@Michael77wrote:

@bilal684wrote:

Canadians are getting ripped off with telecom prices. This is crazy, so mad right now that I joined PM. Should've stayed with Virgin.

You can call Zoomer Wireless. They have a non-advertised deal. $36 for 3gigs and a free phone. Their site says 2 gigs but if you call in it's 3gigs. Promotion is until the end of this month. @bilal684

I don't think zoomer is available in Quebec. Or are they?

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bilal684wrote:

Canadians are getting ripped off with telecom prices. This is crazy, so mad right now that I joined PM. Should've stayed with Virgin.

You can call Zoomer Wireless. They have a non-advertised deal. $36 for 3gigs and a free phone. Their site says 2 gigs but if you call in it's 3gigs. Promotion is until the end of this month. @bilal684

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It is my understanding that this promo was for activation at Walmart initially but is being rolled out universally.  So, customers activating now should be able to get it now.  It would be a goodwill measure for those who just signed up early by a day or two. 

hasanen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Alright thank you so much. I will try that right now and I really hope that it works and they understand

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hasanenwrote:

I just joined public mobile yesterday but I did not see that deal and now I am stuck with the $35/30 instead of $30. Can they help me with that? its been less than 24 hours that I signed up

You can try asking mods.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

hasanen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just joined public mobile yesterday but I did not see that deal and now I am stuck with the $35/30 instead of $30. Can they help me with that? its been less than 24 hours that I signed up

bilal684

MEU_21

@bilal684wrote:

What happened to PM? I came here 6 months ago and was hoping for a deal so I can jump on it and now the deals are only for new customers?? Make the 30$ 1GB plan available for everyone? I'm pretty pissed right now...

You'll be the only one left in a week, so I would hold out for the 0.5% community reward and get your service FREE!

Seriously though, I doubt that the promos will get any better than what you can find on the promo page now.

Need Help? Let's chat.