cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contact cant text me

utopiadawn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I am a few weeks into being with public mobile.. NO real issues.. Until a few days ago and today still. All my old contacts ( carried over from my cell number and old cell phone carrier) cant text me. However I added a new contact recently for work. now i can text out to them.. But they say they cannot text me. They get a error on their end.. Are we missing something.. I do not believe I blocked her number.. I checked.. 

11 REPLIES 11

@utopiadawn  That's what I thought. Thanks for letting us know.

utopiadawn

EDIT It was a problem on her end

@utopiadawn wrote:

I have a LG Q6.. unsure what my  new contact has for a phone

Did you previously use an iPhone with your phone number? If your number is still linked to an Apple ID, iphones will send your texts to iMessage instead, and you'll never get them on your new Android.

utopiadawn

If I do this will I lose any of my info I have saved on my phone

@utopiadawn wrote:

Hi @utopiadawn if you are still having this issue, here is a link on How to set up SMS on LG Q6   I hope this helps.  Let us know what happens.  Good luck!  

Welcome to Public Mobile and the Community!  Cheers!  1

@utopiadawn try and reset your network settings

1. go to Settings.
  2. Then scroll down to Backup & Reset.
  3. In the next step, you should select the Network Settings Reset and tap it several times.

@utopiadawn wrote:

Maybe this guide could help you:

https://thecellguide.com/cant-receive-messages-lg-g6-3822

utopiadawn

I sent them a Text to say Hey its me... she tried to reply back to that text..Then to one again I sent today.. She can receive my text.. but cant not text me.. ( and only me it seems)

utopiadawn

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@utopiadawn  Sounds like the issue is with the new contact device. Are they replying to your text or sending a new one? Ask them to double check the number.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @utopiadawn ,

Are you an iphone user?

"If you have an iPhone and another iOS device, like an iPad, your iMessage settings might be set to receive and start messages from your Apple ID instead of your phone number. To check if your phone number is set to send and receive messages, go to Settings > Messages, and tap Send & Receive."

Need Help? Let's chat.