cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New activation sim not working

Rednijlad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got a public mobile sim activated and paid $15 for my plan and the sim doesn't work , when I put in a chatr sim it worked right away. Now I pay $25 and didn't get anything. Can I get a new sim sent and a refund for my plan?

10 REPLIES 10

@Rednijlad wrote:

Phone unlocked, chatr sim worked fine.

Pm sim said no network, tried multiple times.

I have another pm account and sim that works fine.

Can I get a new sim sent out, I believe it is deffective.

You can try this with your sim...go in your self serve account and click on the tab PLAN/OPTIONS and on PHONE LOST/STOLEN. Close your phone few minutes. Open it again and then click on reactivate the service or find my phone and see if it helped and let us know.

@Rednijlad wrote:

Hi

Does that other sim card work fine on that phone

If that is the case your best bet it to contact Moderators

Rednijlad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi

Could you please try another phone, maybe Telus or Koodo or another phone that did work on pm

Chatr used Rogers network and more over all the phones that are locked to Rogers will work with chatr

And what they don't tell for the unlocked phones there is sim lock that can be removed only after 3 months or so

If you got it from chatr you can give them a call and they will give you the code

If you don't know who the original carrier is you can contact the manufacturer, most of their websites have live chat and they will be able to give you the code for dim unlock. I had to do this for a friend who got a phone on cosco and didn't know who was supposed to be original provider cause it worked with his 711 sim right out of the box. Samsung chat support did it in 2 minutes

Hope it helps

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Rednijlad wrote:

I got a public mobile sim activated and paid $15 for my plan and the sim doesn't work , when I put in a chatr sim it worked right away. Now I pay $25 and didn't get anything. Can I get a new sim sent and a refund for my plan?

What phone model?  If it is an old model with only 2g, it won't work.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rednijlad wrote:

@Rednijlad Is it possible that you are porting your old number to Public Mobile? If this is the case, you may need to wait for the porting completed (that may take up 2 days). You will get a text message to notify you instead. You should be able to call and text but having the temporary number you are given as you set up. 

Besides, you may need to set up APN for data usage. 

You are paying for a prepaid, you have no refund. Just wait for a bit then. 

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Rednijlad wrote:

Is your phone unlocked? Is phone compatible with PM? Check your phone here: 

https://willmyphonework.net/

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Rednijlad wrote:

Don’t worry it will work! Tell us what you did try and what is not working.

SriS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Whether you verified your phone compatibility with PublicMobile network ?
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started
If not, please verify it and then reach out to moderators for any assistance.2019-03-29 14_36_54-Get Started.png

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Rednijlad wrote:

We'll need additional details to try and help you figure this out....

When you login to your self-serve account, what does it say for Account Status?

Did you port in a number from another carrier?

When you say the SIM doesn't work, are you getting an error message?

Have you tried the SIM in another phone?

What phone do you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.