cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New activation, no MMS Pixel 2

jbutuk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there!

Just ported my wife's Pixel 2XL from Bell yesterday - tested everything BUT MMS.

There's a few different posts about this solution - but some say to add another apn, some say you don't need to.

Anyone have the settings specifically for the Pixel 2 handy?

Thanks so much!!

5 REPLIES 5

ryanrudolf
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Im using a Pixel 3a XL running Android Q. I didnt have to setup any APNs and MMS works OK for me. However I did some minor changes based on my device configuration.

My Pixel 3a XL is dual SIM. I have the PM SIM for voice / text and Fido eSIM for data. For the PM SIM, I enabled the option that says "MMS Messages - Send and Receive when mobile data is OFF".

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jbutuk  Pixel's should automatically pickup the correct APN when using Public Mobile. For MMS to work data on the device must be turned on (Note: it won't use data but data must be on) and check the APN Type it should contain mms as part of the string.

jbutuk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you!

@jbutuk  here's the pixel 2 PM APN settings according to Gishan.net https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/google-pixel-2-xl

You don't have to add another APN. Just save over the one you have now. Here are PM's 

Screenshot_20200323-162159.jpg

The APN type should at least be " default,mms,supl " add dun if you intend to use mobile hotspot. Stay safe.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@jbutuk wrote:

Hi there!

Just ported my wife's Pixel 2XL from Bell yesterday - tested everything BUT MMS.

There's a few different posts about this solution - but some say to add another apn, some say you don't need to.

Anyone have the settings specifically for the Pixel 2 handy?

Thanks so much!!

Here is a great site to setup your APN and instructions on how to do it.  Find the APN Settings for Public Mobile here!

Added direct link to Pixel 2XL  https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/google-pixel-2-xl

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.