cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New activation: ONLY outgoing calls after porting number

thangkri
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yesterday, I set up a new account and chose to transfer my old number over from Fido. My payment for the120 days plan has been processed too.

However, for some reason, I am only able to make outgoing calls and use the data. I cannot receive anything. What is the issue here? Can someone please help me out. Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

thangkri

It's Day 3 since my activation and still experiencing the same issue.

Tammer
Same with me. I ported yesterday and can only make out going calls and text messages incoming and outgoing only work sometimes. Incoming calls is a busy signal.

omin

Same problem for me. Additionally, I was able to receive sms yesterday but it stopped working. Now I can't receive incoming calls and incoming SMS.

kctjl
@thangkri I have that problem too. Just activated my phone yesterday. Does your phobe works now?
I dont even known who the moderator is..so found a page to send email for PM assistance and have been waiting ..they said they will answer it within 48hrs

thangkri
Okay thanks for the heads up. It's been a full 2 days. This concerns me. From what I've read it should take a maximum of 2 hours.

What steps should I take now?

That's just how porting works at Public (only outgoing communications working), but what is unusal is the amount of time is taking.  Porting really should be completed within a few hours.

When you port a phone number during activation, Public immediately provisions your soon-to-be-ported phone number to your arccount and sim card.  So when you make an outgoing call, your familiar phone numer will show on the other end.  But, at this point, the phone number has not been transfered yet.  Until that time, all incoming communications will continue to go to your Fido line.

This is contrast to how Wind and Rogers/Fido handle incoming porting of numbers.  They assign a new phone number and only provision the number that you port in after it is all done.

thangkri

@Mary_M Would you be able to assist me here?

Cypm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

tag one of community moderator for help. it should works shortly. 

Need Help? Let's chat.