cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM card/Phone Number Transfer

steph_iag
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My mom is getting a replacement SIM card in the mail as her current SIM is damaged. She is already a Public Mobile user and would like to keep the current phone number that she already has. How can we transfer her current Public Mobile phone number to her new SIM card when it arrives in the mail?

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

@steph_iag 

just you need to go sign in to review your account,

and here How To Change Your SIM Card

the SIM change functionality has been re-enabled in My Account, now with an additional security step: 2 factor authentication to further protect against SIM card fraud.In order to change the SIM card associated with your account, you must now verify your request through a one-time security code that will be sent via SMS or email.To change your SIM card, please follow the below steps:

1. Log into your My Account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Change SIM Card
  3. Enter your new SIM card number
  4. Select where you would like your 6-digit security verification code to be sent to. You can choose to have the code sent to your email, or via SMS to your phone number. If you do not have access to your phone or cannot receive SMS, please select the email option.
  5. Check your email or phone for your security code, and input the code into the page
  6. Click “Verify Code”

Please note: after 5 failed attempts to verify your security code, your account will be locked, and you will need to have your account unlocked and your SIM card manually updated by an agent by submitting a ticket link.

1. Once you have verified your code, click “submit” to complete your SIM card change, and you’re all set !!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@steph_iag   No worry, she will keep her number and no need to go through new activation.

she just need to login to My Account,  there is a link to Change SIM .. select email has the 2FA method.   

more info here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/SIM-Swap-Fraud-2-factor-authentication/...

Also, did she order the SIM from PM online, FYU  it might take a bit of time to above, some got it quick but some got it after 3 weeks.  If you have not place the order yet or if you need it urgently,  you might want to check local kiosk or order from Amazon instead.

Need Help? Let's chat.