cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Public Mobile User

CindySiblock
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have received a Sim card from Public Mobile.... I am presently with Rogers who tell me that someone from Public Mobile must call them so I can keep the same phone #....

With no contact ability ( ie, there is no phone assistance #  at Public Mobile ) how am I supposed to get this done ? I am ready to insert the PM Sim Card and activate but need this contact info so I can complete the switch...

Please help

Thx

Cindy

39 REPLIES 39

vrance
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi I just ported from Rogers to Public Mobility.  In the SIM Card registration page, you can choose a new number or transfer from existing number.  Type in your existing Rogers Number, and click verify/validate on the button next to the phone number, type in the Rogers account number or PIN, and you are good to go.  The account is transferred right away during the setup, and Rogers stopped the service after you have completed the whole account setup.  Please ensure that you have the correct APN setting if you need data.  The default APN for iphone is not correct, and you need to pick up the correct APN for Android, which is sp.mb.com.

Regards.

Vrance Lam

REMEMBER, @CindySiblock, PM's HSPA+4G Network has NO 2G GSM Fallback

3G bare Minimum requirement for Talk+Text+Data

Not sure what you mean by "Everything worked well - original phone # retained .... I ported it" except that you have activated a PM SIM, chosen a plan, paid for it, then picked "port in my number" (instead of choosing a new number). At that point, you would normally be able to place calls but not receive them until the port completes (sometimes several hours).

I suggest that you put the Rogers SIM back and see what service you have. If service is gone and PM still not connecting, I wonder if your phone is still locked to Rogers. Do you know if your phone is unlocked?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

WELL, IS YOUR PHONE COMPATIBLE? Which carrier was phone locked to before?

CindySiblock
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Acivated Sim card at 1:30pm today ..... Rogers phone

Everything worked well - original phone # retained .... I ported it

When I turn phone on Rogers music and logo comes on THEN all I get is the message  " Insert Sim "

Well if everything is ok and PM Sim card is activated why can't I use my phone ?

@CindySiblock I suggest you initially activate your SIM card and choose a new phone number. That will ensure you get the PM account up and running before moving your Rogers number. Once you are happy everything is going well you can log into your PM self serve account and request the port in from Rogers.

Do not cancel your Rogers account before the port in has completed, otherwise you will lose your phone number.

Also, be aware that a landline will take several DAYS to transfer, a cell phone a few hours.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Hi. @CindySiblock, if you click the activate your sim icon on the main Public Mobile page, NOT community page, that's where you begin the step of activating your Public Mobile account

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

PM still being in BEAT phase, there arent step by step info available on how to do things. But if you browse through this community, you will find your answer.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi, welcome to Public mobile! 

When you register your new sim-card and create a new account, you will get the option to port your existing phone number.  Enter your phone number and Rogers account number and your old number will be ported very soon.  It didn't take long at all (less than half hour) for the porting request to be processed for me.  

Need Help? Let's chat.