cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Phone IMEI issue, SIM works in old phone

lopro
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a new phone on friday at a replutable Best buy in oakville ontario canada. 

The apple I phone xr 

My public mobile sim worked great and i love my plan on my old Iphone4s

still works great for such an old tiny phone. Sim was great, service was great love public mobile.

Now the issue is when i transfered my sim to my new phone nothing would work anymore. The sim card is showing in the phone but The new Iphone is not allowing calls or text messages. i can conect it to wifi but nothing else really works associated with public mobile. no signal ect.

After checking the IMEI with apple to be sure the phone was still unlocked or blacklisted and varifying that it was indeed clean and not lost or stolen I was then guided to this discussion forum to ask why when i search the same IMEI on the public mobile checker its showing the phone as lost or stolen status. WAS MY PHONE BLACKLISTED BY PUBLIC MOBILE? 

if so why, i have the phone bought from a large outfit and reputable business and a reciept with 3 year help and protection from Geeksquad. What happend? 

Why is public mobile blacklisting the device?

please help, i paid 1300$ for a phone and im stuck using my old Iphone 4s still.

14 REPLIES 14

backlrp

Your issue is really related to IMEI number hacking. If you restart your phone but it didn't work properly then someone must try to hack IMEIs.

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Take a screen capture of the PM paid showing that the phone is black listed and ask the reseller to swap you for a brand new one.

Something is not so straight forward with this phone and since you paid $$$$$, go and get another one.

819cookie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, best thing to do is return the phone. 

@lopro wrote:

Thanks for your reply. i did contact bestbuy and geeksquad the company who offers protection and support for the phone but they told me public mobile blocked out the imei of the phone and they can update it to a whitelist somehow. As i mentioned why would this phone be blacklisted if its brand new with reciept. I will go read the article now posted above and with any luck maybe a mod will respond and help figure out how to unlock the phone on public mobiles side because the apple site is showing the phone as not blacklisted and NOT LOCKED. So the phone is fine.

Hopefully you did send a private message to the @CS_Agent describing the issue. I have heard that the new iPhones need to be whitelisted by the provider in order for them to work on the network. By sending the message the moderators will be able to verify if this is the issue and will be able to resolve it.

lopro

thank you I will go into the retailer 

@lopro wrote:

I bought a new phone on friday at a replutable Best buy in oakville ontario canada. 

The apple I phone xr 

still works great for such an old tiny phone. Sim was great, service was great love public mobile.

Now the issue is when i transfered my sim to my new phone nothing would work anymore. The sim card is showing in the phone but The new Iphone is not allowing calls or text messages. i can conect it to wifi but nothing else really works associated with public mobile. no signal ect.

After checking the IMEI with apple to be sure the phone was still unlocked or blacklisted and varifying that it was indeed clean and not lost or stolen I was then guided to this discussion forum to ask why when i search the same IMEI on the public mobile checker its showing the phone as lost or stolen status. WAS MY PHONE BLACKLISTED BY PUBLIC MOBILE? 

if so why, i have the phone bought from a large outfit and reputable business and a reciept with 3 year help and protection from Geeksquad. What happend? 

please help, i paid 1300$ for a phone and im stuck using my old Iphone 4s still.

I would not bother trying to get this phone un-blacklisted or try to get an explanation from Public Mobile's moderators.  Simply put, you were sold a non-working phone.  I would return it immediately for an exchange or full refund.  I understand that this should not have happened with a brand new device, but I believe that you'll get quicker resolution through the retailer.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lopro wrote:

Thanks for your reply. i did contact bestbuy and geeksquad the company who offers protection and support for the phone but they told me public mobile blocked out the imei of the phone and they can update it to a whitelist somehow. As i mentioned why would this phone be blacklisted if its brand new with reciept. I will go read the article now posted above and with any luck maybe a mod will respond and help figure out how to unlock the phone on public mobiles side because the apple site is showing the phone as not blacklisted and NOT LOCKED. So the phone is fine.

If you're sure the phone has been blacklisted, as others have said you should contact the moderators via private message.  If you haven't already done so, click Moderator_Team, to send them a private message and explain the details to them.  Response time is between a few hours up to 48 hours, so it's better to get that sent off asap. 

In the meantime, some other customers may have dealt with a blacklisted phone, and may be able to provide some guidance.

@lopro wrote:

Did you try this website? Make sure your phone is not blacklist.

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lopro wrote:

When you got it was it still sealed in the original packaging? Was anything missing from the contents?

Maybe it was a refurb or return and re-packaged.

lopro

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@lopro wrote:

The apple I phone xr 

I think you should contact Best Buy. 

Jadebug
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@lopro wrote:

yes i did try this..

Unfortunately IMEI hacking/coming is a problem. I'm not an expert on the subject, but I found this article interesting.

I think your best option would be to contact a mod to see if this is indeed the problem you're facing.

lopro

yes i did try this..

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lopro 

Did you restart your iPhoen XR after inserted your PM SIM card?

Need Help? Let's chat.