cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer Promotions

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Will there ever be another New Customers Promotion and/or Referal Promotion?

I have only been around PM for about 9 months now but initially a promo would end and after maybe 4-6 weeks another one would launch. It has been a relatively LONG time now with almost nothing, just a couple of quick flash promos giving away the 5Gb one time add on. I thought for certain there would be a referal promo to put the new referal codes through their paces! 

Any thoughts?

Terry

22 REPLIES 22

trgtrg2020
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Would be nice if PM could bring back their free US Roaming packages that were included in the more expensive plans to help Canadians that live close to the border. This deal was from Summer 2019. This would benefit people in the Niagara Falls, Windsor & Vancouver areas!

This topic was from August/September and since then we have finally had a couple of promotions. Maybe not quite as good as early this year but finally some promotions. I wonder what will be next?

AE_Collector

@trgtrg2020 wrote:

Hi there!

The answer to your question is yes. There are discounts applied based on how much you contribute to the community.

That's not a promotion. That's always going. It's also for all customers who wish to contribute.

trgtrg2020

Hi there!

The answer to your question is yes. There are discounts applied based on how much you contribute to the community.

Judelina
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wow thats a crazy deal for sure i dont know how they can give such a good deal and other companies its starts at like 50 a month and thats pretty much the most expensive plan with pm i do wonder if pm will have unlimited data lime other companies

Judelina

They might be waitinf dor christmas or black friday or cyber monday as well

@dabr wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

I am just surprised by then lack of promos lately as compared to half a year ago but as mentioned, I've only been around following things for about 9 months and a customer for 8 months. Just as PM's plans are inexpensive, their promos aren't really a big deal either. But we are here because we value a good deal thus we value a new customer referal promo as well! I have a couple more referrals lined up and am just waiting to close the deal at the next promo. Wasn't expecting the wait to be so long!

Yes those promos where both parties got $25 were really great but I only remember a couple of times they were offered, but I haven't been here overly long either, so don't know how regular that promotion was.  Perhaps Telus feels offering extra data promos is better for PM's bottom line.

But on the whole PM's plans and reward incentives and network is so much better, that it makes sense to just sign up your referrals anyways.  They must be paying more elsewhere wouldn't they?  But I would wait until September at least, in case there is any back to school deals coming up.

Judelina

This is true and if you ask question or answer questions you can get money off every month

ajkm

AFAIK, the referral rewards code available on signup is something like a 6-digit/letter combination rather than the phone number of the person providing the code. The sign up bonus will show in your account in about 24 hours.

Also please note that PM is essentially a self-service option. This is an amazing community forum and you can search for answers to any questions you may have. Members may offer suggestions as to possible solutions to issues, but they can't manage your account or email you. 

Hope you get your issue sorted out.

@anhtran519 this is a public forum, please remove your personal information by clicking on the 3 little dots to the right of the post and click edit post!

As for the friend refferal it's now a 6 digit code, not a phone number 

anhtran519
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just activated this account *personal information removed* for rewards but nothing show up ...please revise and advise by email 

trgtrg2020

Anyone with an eligible RBC credit card can enter “RBCREWARDS” promo code to get 5 bonus gigs on an eligible plan.

rukawa0929

I kind of agree with Terry.. First signed up my dad's account when PM had $25 referral (each!) bonus, and after signed up my mom's again for the same promo. I followed up last month when PM had $10 off $50 plan for 8.5 gb for 6 months, which is decent, but I thought this was not attractive as $25 referral and $10 off for plans over $35 for 6 months that they had earlier.. Would appreciate if PM come up with some agrressive offers (closer to BF) so that people in the community have more incentive to sign up non PM users 😄

@Triguy wrote:

It is hard to say when PM will have any promos.  The new school year is coming up so maybe there could potentially have something.  Here is a link about getting notifications.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Re-How-to-get-notified-of-ANY-New-Promo...

Well, Back to School is definitely here and still no New Custoner or Referal deals offered up by PM. I am quite surprised at the lack of offers since early/mid spring.

I saw something about a trial of a new idea to add new customers, possibly people walking the neighbourhoods or setting up in opportune locations with info and ability to sign people up. That’s just my guess but Telus used to have teams in the past covering neighbourhoods with TV / DSL new customer offers.

If so, we may go quite a bit longer with no other offers as it might interfere with statistics.

Terry

It was great getting both the $10 x 6 months New Customers Promo AND the $25/$25 referal promo when I started with PM. But we live in an era when large numbers of potential customers are incapable of looking at total cost of any ongoing service they subscribe to and decisions are made solely on what they can get *for FREE* up front. 

Thus I think it is a good idea for PM to not rely solely on their good plan pricing and have some small perks out there for new customers. Yes this leads to some whining about deals only offered to new customers but you see this throughout the telecommunications industry, that's just the way it is.

I think PM would likely get the best bang  for the buck by throwing the $25/$25 referal promo around on a more regular basis. This type of promo does more to mobilize the free sales force of all the existing PM customers AND referal promos would minimize the complaints by existing customers over offers of plan discounts for new customers.

Terry

@rukawa0929 wrote:

$25 / $25 referal bonus was sweet ! Wonder when they are bringing it back..
Looking to have my mom get signed to $15 plan but waiting for some more promos to come out.. Will wait couple more weeks 🙂

Unless you're in a big hurry...that's a great idea to wait for the next promo or pop-up incentive to come around. With back to school right around the corner...I wouldn't be surprised if we saw something soon. Good luck.

rukawa0929

$25 / $25 referal bonus was sweet ! Wonder when they are bringing it back..
Looking to have my mom get signed to $15 plan but waiting for some more promos to come out.. Will wait couple more weeks 🙂

@AE_Collector wrote:

@dabr I started on Dec 2 last year with a $25/$25 referal combined with $10 x 6 months credits for being on a $30 or higher plan. It ended Jan 1 and then in Feb it was back running into March. In between these and maybe again after they ran the First Month Free promotion. ( the one that should be advertised as Second Month Free.) But, since then these Promos have been AWOL. Maybe they are done for good or maybe will show up again soon. I will give it a bit more time to see.

Terry

Nice! sounds like you got a really good deal with the combined promotions.  Yes it might be worth waiting, hope so:)

@dabr I started on Dec 2 last year with a $25/$25 referal combined with $10 x 6 months credits for being on a $30 or higher plan. That promotion ended Jan 1 and then in Feb it was back running into March. In between these and maybe again after they ran the First Month Free promotion. ( the one that should be advertised as Second Month Free.) But, since then these Promos have been AWOL. Maybe they are done for good or maybe will show up again soon. I will give it a bit more time to see.

Terry

@AE_Collector wrote:

I am just surprised by then lack of promos lately as compared to half a year ago but as mentioned, I've only been around following things for about 9 months and a customer for 8 months. Just as PM's plans are inexpensive, their promos aren't really a big deal either. But we are here because we value a good deal thus we value a new customer referal promo as well! I have a couple more referrals lined up and am just waiting to close the deal at the next promo. Wasn't expecting the wait to be so long!

Yes those promos where both parties got $25 were really great but I only remember a couple of times they were offered, but I haven't been here overly long either, so don't know how regular that promotion was.  Perhaps Telus feels offering extra data promos is better for PM's bottom line.

But on the whole PM's plans and reward incentives and network is so much better, that it makes sense to just sign up your referrals anyways.  They must be paying more elsewhere wouldn't they?  But I would wait until September at least, in case there is any back to school deals coming up.

I am just surprised by the lack of promos lately as compared to half a year ago but as mentioned, I've only been around following things for about 9 months and a customer for 8 months. Just as PM's plans are inexpensive, their promos aren't really a big deal either. But we are here because we value a good deal thus we value a new customer referal promo as well! I have a couple more referrals lined up and am just waiting to close the deal at the next promo. Wasn't expecting the wait to be so long!

jonfirlotte
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hopefully we'll see some good deals soon, but PM plans are so cheap as it is! Just keep your eyes and ears open and wait

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It is hard to say when PM will have any promos.  The new school year is coming up so maybe there could potentially have something.  Here is a link about getting notifications.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Re-How-to-get-notified-of-ANY-New-Promo...

Need Help? Let's chat.