cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer Promotions... March 2020

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

I have been waiting for the next New Customer Promo for quite awhile now. I have three people in the wings about ready to make the move. But... no sign of a new Promo on the horizon though I know, it could happen tomorrow morning...

I guess I am thinking that there may not be any promotions for awhile now with the Covid-19 phenomena sweeping the country. While I have some spare SIM cards available most new customers would have to go to stores and visit dealers to get activated with Public Mobile and it isn’t really an essential service to be heading out into public at this time for. Sooo, there may purposefully be no Promos for the foreseeable future.

Maybe I will offer up my SIM cards to help my three referrals get activated In their own home.

Thoughts on future  promos from the community?

... idle chatter to pass the day while not much else is happening here!

AE_Collector

17 REPLIES 17

The entire service industry is operating on skeleton crew, sending employees home, closing commercial locations.

Millions of Canadians now face indefinite unemployment and impending financial crisis.

There ain't no promos, lol.

But there will be promos when the Big Scary Thing winds down and normal business is allowed to re-open and people start looking towards minimized spending. I guess these promos will be lowest-cost and bang-for-the-buck varieties, and that they'd be timed very carefully so that the sellers aren't seen as opportunistic vultures or manipulative capitalists.

In some places, business such as places that offer cell phone services have been asked to close.  If there were a promo that inclided retail locations that are still open, this would be irresponsible ot Public Mobile.

There could be an online-only promotion, but then in-person retail location mught say that is unfair. Saying that, I do believe that an online offer is more likely than an in-store offer.

@AE_Collector 

Your comments are good. Don’t think any one is ganging up (bullying) on you. 

I would imagine if there were any Easter Promos, they were planned well in advance of the corona virus. The question is...will they still happen? What parameters would cancel them?

@will13am 

Okay...A few points:

- I indicated that this was just a discussion for an otherwise quiet day here.

- I posted this yesterday about 18 hours before this mornings reduced support notification.

- I had no “everyone ganging up against me” feelings before your reply as I threw it out there for discussion and that’s what was happening.

- The “are referrals really that important to you” comment not really unnecessary. Maybe that’s how it came across to others as well?

- Maybe rather than feeling like looking for the unsubscribe button I should just suck it up as I can be critical of others on here occasionally as well so may have had it coming to me.

AE_Collector

@smp99 wrote:

What they could do is simply have a sale on SIM cards. $5 via mail. That would encourage at home activations. There you go. 

I don't think the mailing of sim cards is an essential service.  So we would have people posting where is my sim card I bought.  This is the time where just holding the status quo is very important and keep things as stable as possible.  Especially how fragile PM self serve can be

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What they could do is simply have a sale on SIM cards. $5 via mail. That would encourage at home activations. There you go. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@AE_Collector , this is going to look like everyone is ganging up on you here.  You have been with this service long enough to know how the promotions work.  It is pointless and at this moment very untimely to pine about a lack of recent promotions.  Do you think Telus has all hands on deck at the moment scheming new promotions for the weekend?  Did you not get the recent memo about reduced support?  What is happening to this country really puts into perspective priorities and what really matters most.  I can't see how anyone could could find cause to agonize over not being able to get a promotion that will save them maybe $40-50 on their schedule.  Is the $1 referral that important to you?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Quite honestly, the last thing I would recommend to anyone at this point in time is making changes like moving between carriers.  Right now communication is SO important, so why risk running into issues by changing anything?  This may be unpopular, but I'm going to add: especially moving to PM right now, where there are no unlimited data plans, and support can only be reached online and as @ShawnC13 mentioned, at reduced capacity.  I don't think it's worth the savings at this point in time, honestly.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I can't see any promo coming out right now that would push people to get out into their communities for activations.  We are in a time of self-isolation/social distancing whatever you want to call it and having a promo that (as most are) requires in-store activation is not socially responsible.  There was a message today that we are down to reduced levels of moderator assistants, again running a promo at this time would only create a potential extra strain on the limited resources currently available.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@smiley3 
New customer promos can be anything from the second month free to $5 or $10 credits each month for anywhere from the first three to eight months, or bonus monthly data for x number of months or one time data add-ons.

There can also be referral bonuses of anywhere up to $25 for both the person making the referral and the new customer instead of the base $10 if referred for the new customer only. These referral bonuses sometimes overlap with the new customer promos as well!

AE_Collector

Canlan54a
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Who knows, maybe a little easter egg special?  😁

From time to time, PM has Promo's or Flash Sales to entice new customers. If you're not in a big hurry, I suggest you wait to see what PM might offer new customers this spring season. Might be worth her while. Keep watching Announcement section for latest info on promo.

smiley3
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I recently got a sim card for my mom and am going to set her up onto PM soon, but I didn't know about these Customer Promotions.  Is there a lot better things than the current $1 referral bonus and $10 dollar credit?  Should we be waiting to activate her account?  She's not really in a big rush to switch or anything.

@kselmak 

Is that $25 the $5 x 5 months promo for both parties? It has been ongoing all month and I too thought we might have had a competitive response but we are closer to the end of a March now than the beginning....

AE_Collector

Hah...hopefully it isn’t 2030 for the next Promo! I better correct that before it takes hold....

AE_Collector

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@AE_Collector 

Lucky has 25 referral promo right now

I totally expect something similar

Would be shame if we don't have it, I may lose a referral actually over it.

There was London drug promo, free Sim and 2g bonus data, I'm not sure if it's still on I'm in Ontario

I'd be waiting for a bit at least let the weekend pass maybe they throw flash sale in our direction

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@AE_Collector There I corrected it for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.