cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network issues

igalsc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi guys

im having issues sending pics over messages (not iMessages), and today I had no network outside my house in Vaughan, ON 

im on iPhone X, with $50/10G plan over 3
the Public Mobile LTE was showing at the left top corner 

my apn is sp.mb.com

25 REPLIES 25

@igalsc

Lol....so i owe @shep22 an apology.....although data wasnt the problem if you had just checked your account you would have realized you had no service! Happy to hear you're all up and running!

@shep22 

You were right there were other things at play here.....apologies!

igalsc

@shep22 

you were right

i was fooled by the text I received from PM about rewards applied

but in reality, my CC was declined and the payment didn’t go through 

thank you all, guys for trying to help 

@igalsc  Why are you downloading APN settings? On an iPhone X they should get set automatically. When you dial 611 is your account active? 

@shep22 wrote:

@maximum_gato wrote:

@shep22 

You do not need to have data to send MMS you only need data on (enabled) to send MMS.

@maximum_gato I never said you did, could be a couple of issues at play here 

@shep22  Sorry if i misunderstood but your question to the OP would make no difference to send MMS so i assumed you didnt understand........

@igalsc wrote:

Hi guys

im having issues sending pics over messages (not iMessages), and today I had no network outside my house in Vaughan, ON 

my apn is sp.mb.com

@igalsc hi I have to ask do you have any data left? check your self serve to make sure 

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@maximum_gato wrote:

@shep22 

You do not need to have data to send MMS you only need data on (enabled) to send MMS.

@maximum_gato I never said you did, could be a couple of issues at play here 

@igalsc 

You can try this option followed by checking for a software update if it doesnt work.....after that if nothing works  wait for the moderators to look into your account.

If the rest of your phone features work except for MMS functions, it is possible that the service itself is disabled or it could be that your phone’s MMS function had crashed. If that’s the case, then toggling the MMS feature on your phone off and on will likely do the trick. So here’s what you should try doing next:

1. Go to Settings from Home.
  2. Select Cellular Data.
  3. If the feature is off, toggle the Cellular Data switch to enable the service.
  4. To go back to the previous menu, tap Settings on the upper-left corner of your screen.
  5. Tap Messages.
  6. Scroll to and select MMS Messaging option. Tap the switch to enable the feature. Otherwise, toggle the switch to turn the feature off and on again. This will refresh the MMS functions on your iPhone.
  7. Enable Group Messaging if you wish to send group messages on your phone.
  8. Then enable Send as SMS option for your phone to send messages using cellular data when iMessage isn’t available.

Restart your iPhone XS to apply all changes and to refresh its memory. Then check and see if that solves the problem on your phone’s MMS messaging functions.

Can you confirm the fido sim can send MMS in your phone and the pm sim cannot send MMS in the fido phone?

@igalsc turn enable LTE to off, force close your texting app and restart your phone. Stay safe 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@igalsc you probably need to contact customer support mods. since you're on a $50/10gb plan you're plan may have not provisioned correctly after renewing. publics system has been way off lately

type "no service"

(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

@shep22 

@igalsc wrote:

@maximum_gato 

Yes, I have a Fido sim with data, and it works there

Hi @igalsc , try removing your SIM card and reinserting it; maybe it got shifted and the connections are not reacting properly.

igalsc

@shep22 

I just paid for renewal 

@igalsc do you have data, sms amd mms enabled on your iphone X? Thanks. Stay safe. 

shep22

@igalsc wrote:

Hi guys

my apn is sp.mb.com

@igalsc hi I have to ask do you have any data left? check your self serve to make sure 

@igalsc 

Would it require a new sim card?......to test your sim? No....your sim can go in any unlocked compatible phone and it will work just fine except for LG phones that require at a minimum at network reset for data.  If you can send MMS with your sim in another phone then its a phone problem. If you cant send MMS in another phone then its a service or sim card issue.

Edit: If your fido sim works to send MMS in your phone and the pm sim cant send MMS in the fido phone then its a service or a pm sim card problem.

igalsc

@maximum_gato 

Yes, I have a Fido sim with data, and it works there

igalsc

Would it not require a new SIM card?

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus

@igalsc 

Currently there are no reports of service being down in your area. Do you have another phone to put your sim card in to test if its the service or the phone? You could clear the cache in the app and see if that helps.

@igalsc 

Hmmmm.....it cant hurt to report your phone lost/stolen and then reboot....that will reprovision the sim card.

igalsc

@maximum_gato I tried this as well with no luck 

@igalsc 

Put your phone in airplane mode for a couple of minutes....maybe you have a poor connection to the network.

igalsc

@gpixel @shep22 @esjliv 
Thank you all for the replies 

i did reset network settings 

my data is turned on

i tried visiting https://www.unlockit.co.nz/fw/ and downloading the apn settings (which are exactly what I had before, BTW)

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@igalsc wrote:

Hi guys

my apn is sp.mb.com

Hi @igalsc , so you have been able to do this previously correct? 

I have not heard of any issues affecting this, but maybe others have? If others cannot provide insight on your issue, contact the Moderator_Team via private message, maybe they know of an issue, using this link

shep22

@igalsc wrote:

Hi guys

my apn is sp.mb.com

@igalsc hi you need data enabled to send mms

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@igalsc try resetting your network settings

1. From the home screen navigate to Settings>General>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings
If prompted enter your passcode
3. Tap Reset Network Settings
4. Restart your phone

is your phone number registered so you can send sms?

Need Help? Let's chat.