cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network issues (Victoria, BC)?

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Where there network issues earlier? I was in an area I've been in a thousand times before without issue and I could not get data.  And then I got this notification.

Screenshot_20210114-123006.png

9 REPLIES 9

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

Really? I've never heard that before... I know some devices can forget on restart if you've chosen a specific band or channel of a band within a network, but I've never heard of a device forgetting the home network only! Would this be devices on the older side, or brand dependent? My Samsung s2 even remembered home only

To clarify, what I mean is some devices automatically reset to automatic network selection upon restart. It's been a while since I've seen that, but I do specifically remember an old Blackberry device doing that.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Really? I've never heard that before... I know some devices can forget on restart if you've chosen a specific band or channel of a band within a network, but I've never heard of a device forgetting the home network only! Would this be devices on the older side, or brand dependent? My Samsung s2 even remembered home only

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

There is a way to tell your device to *only* use home networks. Only thing is you'd have to remember to change it the odd time you may be truly in the US and wish to use service via add on 🙂

This is what I do as I live close to a different US border and when I was still with koodo didn't want to pay for accidental unintended roaming... I know they warn you too but it still felt safest bill wise without having to call to correct it

That would be through the use of the manual network selection option.  On some devices, this setting doesn't remain though after it has been restarted.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There is a way to tell your device to *only* use home networks. Only thing is you'd have to remember to change it the odd time you may be truly in the US and wish to use service via add on 🙂

This is what I do as I live close to a different US border and when I was still with koodo didn't want to pay for accidental unintended roaming... I know they warn you too but it still felt safest bill wise without having to call to correct it

dlambro

Telus is experiencing service outage in BC, here is the link below:

https://www.telus.com/en/on/outages

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rossputin when a Telus signal wasn't available due to the outage, your phone started roaming on AT&T or T-Mobile.  Victoria is further south than the border and can pick up a signal from a tower in WA.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I also had a network outage around 12 noon in Vancouver 

I think Carlos may have messed something up...

rossputin

Thank you.  Also just got this while downtown (in Canada that is).

Screenshot_20210114-144636.png

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@rossputin 

There are currently outages in Victoria. Look at:

https://www.telus.com/en/on/outages

outage.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.