cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eruthc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Network Review

How is the reception of this network? can I get any feedback on the service?

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

Re: Network Review

@eruthc wrote:

One of the largest networks n Canada. Stable 3g internet. No discomfort regarding service.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@eruthc may be helpful to sy which area you are from. So that PM community members can answer your question. I'm in Toronto and service is great. I'm using a Samsung j1 2016. Welcome to PM. 

@eruthc wrote:

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@eruthc wrote:

PM uses the towers shared by both Telus and Bell.

To find out more about your area, check the coverage map: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/coverage

Personally I find the service works well. It's no frills with plan prices to match.

Calls are made on 3G network, there is no voLTE.
Mobile data works on either 3G or throttled LTE (download speed up 3 Mbps).

P-Ran
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have no issues since signing in December 2019. 

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Staliger wrote:

@eruthc wrote:

One of the largest networks n Canada. Stable 3g internet. No discomfort regarding service.

@Staliger 

Just a reminder that 3G here is a misnomer, I still prefer the term LTE light. Where possible from the network side and allowed by the phone settings, data is delivered over LTE with the according latency / responsiveness. It's just the speed of the delivery is throttled to 3 Mbps.

This is totally adequate for most uses of the average user. VOIP, E-mail, social media, browsing, navigation, music streaming and the occasional YouTube work flawlessly. Only if you do regular huge file transfers, HD streaming or online gaming you might feel the limits (and you might not be with the right provider for that anyway when it comes to quantity.)

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Network reception is fine and no real difference is noticed with 3G. Great to save a lot of money as well.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@LovesToPM wrote:

@eruthc wrote:

PM uses the towers shared by both Telus and Bell.

To find out more about your area, check the coverage map: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/coverage

Well, the coverage map only tells PART of the story, because where we live, although we're within the coverage map's boundaries, the signal is poor. If I'm out somewhere, it's fine, but just not at home, so the coverage map can't be completely relied upon. It also partially depends on your device, because with my PM SIM in my wife's phone, my reception at home is actually better than with my phone.

ddufour
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have noticed that my network will shut off even though I have it on Auto Connect. I have heard from a few people that they have tried to call me and do not get my voice mail and the phone rings and then disconnects.  When I look at my phone, the network is off...then when I begin to use my phone...the network reestablishes connection....I do notice that the actual reception when talking on the phone seems clearer than what I had with Bell.

ShawnC13
Oracle

@CannonFodder  and @eruthc  here is a great site to check out the location of cell towers.  CannonFodder you may find that your closest isn't to close.

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the Chat bubble in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

Need Help? Let's chat.