cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nervous about no # to call

cowboydave
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I kind of like this new type of carrier ( self serve ) 

It will take a bit of getting used to, I am old school and get frustrated when I can't seem to understand something. Having a number to call to get answers right away alleviates some of that stress. So far I have been able to get my answers I  a timely fashion so " no stress".

So keep up the good work and less keep my world stress free.

Thank you

12 REPLIES 12

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @cowboydave,

I left PM because there are no call centres. I much prefer to talk to a live person. Every person has their own opinion on this. This is just mine. There are lots of people who enjoy PM and do not miss having a call centre.

smp99

Hey - you have already done the hard part with using an online support system.   You already have a Community account and know how to post. The rest is simple.

Call centres are great if you need immediate assistance, but they come at a cost. Customers will often end up paying higher plan prices for this service. Also, the more employees that a company has, the more of a tendency in drop-off of the quality of services provided.

Personally, I hate calling customer service of any company.  In my opinion, calling in causes the risk of things further upsetitng you when/if something goes wrong or if customer service can't immediate fix an issue.

Rember that having a call centre does not equate good customer service. Freedom Mobile is a great example of that.  For anything other than a basic question, the answer is almost always "back office will call you back in 3 to 5 business days".  With Freedom, it's to the point that they almost might as well not even have one.

MoraMan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had the same hesitation. So far im happy with my choice. At the end of the how often did i really call my carrier

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I still remember life before cell phones! Some how, we survived 🙂

How times have changed.  🙂

crtowns

@mimmo

@mimmo wrote:

@crtowns I agree mods are great,  support is great. just email and forget. problem is that is fine when your service is working but if it isn't people want "immediate" help.

Mod reply time would be greatly improved if PM could some how fix the long standing issues  that we constatly see in the communuty.  

I agree. If I was using my phone for work and always needing 100% reliability and quick call centre service I probably wouldn't have switched to PM. But since my phone is only for personal use and I can live without it temporarily if needed switched to PM. So far, no issues or down time. But I was prepared for it in exchange for lower rates. I still remember life before cell phones! Some how, we survived 🙂

mimmo

@crtowns I agree mods are great,  support is great. just email and forget. problem is that is fine when your service is working but if it isn't people want "immediate" help.

Mod reply time would be greatly improved if PM could some how fix the long standing issues  that we constatly see in the communuty.  

crtowns

@cowboydave

My experience thus far is that there are incredibly helpful and responsive people in the community. And then the mods are responsive and very easy to communicate with when needed. They understand what I have asked and go above and beyond to answer the question or address the issue in a timely manner. The more we can address issues amongst ourselves, costs will stay down and the moderators can focus on addressing the more complex issues.

Go @CS_Agent !!

denkom
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The community is really a great resource. But sometimes you do need a MOD to help. In my experience they have been very quick to respond. 

mimmo

@cowboydave yes it can be a little nerveracking, my only suggestion is when you have issues to be as concise and detailed with your message mods. They will answer.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Welcome to public mobile @cowboydave

The community members are always here to promptly help out with most common issues. 

matbasm

@cowboydave,  As you have seen so far, there is always someone around in the community to lend a hand and provide answers.  You are never alone!

Need Help? Let's chat.