cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negativity For First World Problems

PublicMobile101
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Being a part of this community for over year now. I have seen all the Hardwork and passion that public mobile has for its customers. I don't even really see myself as a customer more of a part of the community. However I have seen some negativity when things go wrong, people tend to overreact when there is a bug or an error with the service. They tend to forget all the amazing deals the public mobile gives us. They used even give us free Sim cards with free shipping!

I think as a community we should try to keep a positive attitude and work together to solve the problems that we face together and look forward Into the future.

This is the only cell phone company that actually keeps giving me better and better deals. Most cell phone companies that I've seen keep on raising their prices and or giving you less features.

I hope we can get past this first world problems and Instead work together as a community to make everyone's Mobile situations even better.

46 REPLIES 46

bryanbreguet

@PublicMobile101 wrote:

Being a part of this community for over year now. I have seen all the Hardwork and passion that public mobile has for its customers. I don't even really see myself as a customer more of a part of the community. However I have seen some negativity when things go wrong, people tend to overreact when there is a bug or an error with the service. They tend to forget all the amazing deals the public mobile gives us. They used even give us free Sim cards with free shipping!

I think as a community we should try to keep a positive attitude and work together to solve the problems that we face together and look forward Into the future.

This is the only cell phone company that actually keeps giving me better and better deals. Most cell phone companies that I've seen keep on raising their prices and or giving you less features.

I hope we can get past this first world problems and Instead work together as a community to make everyone's Mobile situations even better.

Can we please stop with these posts? The ones where we tell new customers who have had problems that they shouldn't be mad? Seriously.

PM has aq good promo, it's still a company turning profits. PM isn't your friend and we aren't "part of a community" just because we use the same phone company. Give me a break.

I've seen posts like yours yesterday and today and I find them absolutely useless. There are a lot of people having problems and it seems PM underestimated how many new customers would join. It's on them for fixing these problems and consumers have the right to be upset.

Public Mobile isn't well known (yet).  Everybody knows about Telus, Bell, Rogers.  We've all seen the ads for Koodo and Fido and Virgin.

When I tell people I'm with Public Mobile, they always say "I've never heard of them".  Most naturally assume there must be something wrong or something shady with what they perceive as a no-name startup brand.  I say "same thing as Telus but lots cheaper, visit the website, check the deals, read the threads and wikis" - those who follow up usually sign on the moment their current contracts expire.

Yes @frankg1401 PM is a business, not a charity, out to make money (from us!).

I've seen some people automatically assume PM is bad and consequently automatically avoid PM entirely - unfortunate, but their ignorance and prejudice is their loss.

I've seen some people approach PM but skitter off because they're worried or frustrated by how PM works - unfortunate, and most of these people would be happy customers if they gave PM a chance, but their fear and uncertainty is their loss.

I've seen a few people check out PM but choose another carrier simply because PM doesn't offer what they're trying to buy - unfortunate, but PM's offerings keep improving, maybe soon, maybe next time around.

I've seen many people join PM and remain with PM because (even those who've experienced a rocky startup) are generally satisfied with what PM delivers.  Best plan, best price, best support, best whatever.

What I've never seen is somebody suddenly say "I'm leaving PM because I got a way better deal with somebody else".  Never happens, lol.  I think that alone says everything that needs to be said about PM.  Not bad for a brand with near-zero advertising presence in the public consciousness, especially good for a brand swimming in the same pool as sharks and piranhas - PM isn't (yet) especially aggressive about getting customers, but they're especially conscious about making their existing customers happy.

frankg1401
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I like what another user said: PM is a business, not a charity. I understand many existing PM users developed a respect and friendship with the staff, but this is a business with an assumed level of competence. Past success, hard work of the staff, and the lower price should not lower the level of service.

Jtn

@PublicMobile101 My power goes out due to a thunderstorm, not due to the company not hiring enough people or releasing a promotion that they aren't equipped to handle.

PublicMobile101

Kind of like how you pay for hydro so getting angry if there is a power outage is reasionable since companys are suposed to be perfect and never messup. or maybe people just exspect them to maybe idk  @Jtn

mystikal_325

I absolutely disagree. This company has not only charged me for a service (which I signed up for a week ago) and not provided me with ANYTHING to show for it, but cancelled my old phone service in the process. They have yet to reply to any of my emails, private messages, or forum threads. I've done everything I possibly can to receive what I'm paying them money for and have been 100% ignored for 7 days, and had no phone for going on 3 days now. I gave full porting details, followed the private message information protocol they request, everything.

This isn't a first world problem, it's a breach of contract without even a single shread of communication. I'm furious and everyone in a similar situation has every right to be, also.

vn33

I think it's about customer expectations.

These days, it appears we sometimes have an expectation to get everything right away. When things don't go our way, with the main Big Three carriiers, we have a way to vent through their brick-and-mortar store, or talk to someone at some call center and have a feeling someone is now in charge of our problem.

As Dave mentioned in his thread, this is a new way of doing business, and it is no-frills, no fluff type of service. With the popularity of the Fall Promo, I'll bet the resources at PM are stretched to the limit in order to get everyone setup/activate/port over successfully.

I am sure many of us appreciate hard work the guys and gals at PM who are busting their a** to deal with the number of new sign up. Now, once everyone have signed up and running, and the last of the problem been dealt with, who in the next few weeks (or months ... years?) would need technical support again? Perhaps once in a while, here and there if at all.

Let's look at the positive side, you're paying a lot less for what you would have to for an equivalent plan withe Big Three.

Jtn

Public Mobile isn't running a charity. This is a business, all the employees are getting paid, and when so many customers are paying money for non-existant service, they have a right to complain. 

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

@PublicMobile101 I hear what you're saying, but losing your cellphone service for days, when you rely on it really has to suck! I don't blame some people for being angry and negative! Unfortunately a lot of people signed up not having the whole picture about PM. I do agree that we as the community need to do our best at helping others, but sometimes it's just too fun to "poke the bear" or put up pictures like this...

Spoiler
flailing-arms.gif

I've exercised restraint during this promotion, I really have, but needed to post this GIF once more before the promotion ends! Robot LOL

PublicMobile101

@zhadj030 I have to agree with you alot of people get frusstrated and are new. People like me have had problems and Plublic Mobile's team have always helped me so much and more so. Over time we will fix the bugs and things will run more smooth. 

PublicMobile101

@Chaos_ScorpioAlot of my friends pay like $40 more then me for the same thing 😛 its insane attually and it keeps getting cheaper

I believe that it is a new experience for a lot of people, when people don't know how to do stuff they tend to overreact. I guess we will have to wait a little bit before the community goes from people screaming and repeating the same questions to more calm clear community in 1 month from now

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@PublicMobile101  props to you agreed! im new and already appreciate PM!

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Bravo! Yea what phone company rewards you every year for staying? every one I know raises the price ... 

Hows that -1$ off a month extra now that you got it ;)... Better than the $5 hike with the other guys.

PoweredByPho

@PublicMobile101 wrote:

I think as a community we should try to keep a positive attitude and we're together to solve the problems that we face together and look forward Into the future.

*GOLF CLAPS IN VIETNAMESE*

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@PublicMobile101,

Well said!

I'm giving you a huge "Hell yeah!!!"

Cheers,

Neil

Need Help? Let's chat.