cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needed More Data - Double Charged On Top Up Upgrading My Plan

Prairiehaven
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Well I have been using a lot of data. After one top up I decided for $5 extra per month upgrading my plan was best. I upgraded and topped up my current plan but I think I hit the submit button twice and was charge the top up price twice. Don't hit that button twice!!!!... let the fun begin. I read through everything and could not access the private mediator via the link provided. I eventually got there but I had to enter my user name and password before I could talk to a mediator, so you will have to figure out how to get to that point. Reading through all of the comments I have opted to request a credit to my next months billing. I will tell you how this goes... keep at this, don't give up, the savings with Public Mobile are worth the learning curve.

3 REPLIES 3

Prairiehaven

I really messed up trying to upgrade my data. I should have done this on my computer not my phone and allowed myself a little time to figure it out. I made the errors, Public did not. I contacted Public through private message mediator and got it all sorted out. Once that contact was established and my account verified the fix happened fairly fast. I recieved a credit towards my next billing for the errors I made. My data is back on and I upgarded my plan. I don't see myself having issues again.For $5 more per month I have a huge amount of data.The learning curve was a journey of patience, but all was resolved and really everyone, just expect two days to receive contact from a mediator. The savings with this company is huge. I am saving $800.00/yr so hang in there it all works out!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Prairiehaven wrote:

Hello,

Well I have been using a lot of data. After one top up I decided for $5 extra per month upgrading my plan was best. I upgraded and topped up my current plan but I think I hit the submit button twice and was charge the top up price twice. Don't hit that button twice!!!!... let the fun begin. I read through everything and could not access the private mediator via the link provided. I eventually got there but I had to enter my user name and password before I could talk to a mediator, so you will have to figure out how to get to that point. Reading through all of the comments I have opted to request a credit to my next months billing. I will tell you how this goes... keep at this, don't give up, the savings with Public Mobile are worth the learning curve.

@Prairiehaven If you topped your account twice then the extra top up should be in your account balance. If you dial 611 or check your balance online if the topup is there it will used on your next renewal. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

Prairiehaven

This is the hyperlink to get to the mediator to send a private message.

Click here to send them a private message.

Need Help? Let's chat.