cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need puk!

bjariett
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sent 2 messages now to moderators need the puk number for my daughters phone. She leaves on vacation with her father and need it asap!

8 REPLIES 8

Llamaman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There is to my knowledge no other way to get the PUK code. If you're short on time, it might be simpler to buy a new SIM card, and then register the new one with PM.

Also, I hear that sending two messages actually bumps you down the response queue, so next time only send one.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@bjariett wrote:

Sent 2 messages now to moderators need the puk number for my daughters phone. She leaves on vacation with her father and need it asap!

@bjariett  As others have mentioned if the message is asking for a network unlock PUK or code then the moderators will not be able to help you. Moderators can provide a sim PUK code to unlock you sim card but you would need to have setup a sim lock previously on your phone for that to be true.

While waiting for the moderator remove the sim from your daughter's phone and try it in another phone. Does it still ask for the same code? If not, then as other have mentioned that phone is locked to the previous provider. And since it's urgent as you mentioned best to try and get it unlocked asap.

You must get the Network Unlock PUK code from your previous provider. If your phone is a Samsung you might be able to get an unlock code from the Samsung website via a chat
To start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page:

http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170.

Hope this helps!

@mimmo wrote:

@XionBunny  puk does not nessisarly a network locked phone. There is a puk code associated sim cards as a security feature. 

I assume it's not sim puk as the op asked explicitly for the phone puk, not the sim puk.

But you are right it's never clear as you usually get relay from the error message that shows up on the screen and they are never consistent

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mimmo wrote:

@XionBunny  puk does not nessisarly a network locked phone. There is a puk code associated sim cards as a security feature. 

2457102497_81fd86ee1c

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kselmak wrote:

You will need to contact previous provider or marker of the phone

Yup as stated, your device is locked to your previous provider, call them and give them let them know you want to unlock your device, then provide them with your phones model and imei number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bjariett wrote:

Depending on what the exact message it is that you're seeing...

If it's a Samsung phone they have a nice service for codes and such.

We'd need to know the exact message it's saying.

Is this a new activation? Has the phone ever worked for PM?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

You will need to contact previous provider or marker of the phone

Who was the phone used with?

What make its it? The manufacturer's Canadian website is your best bet, they have to give you that code free of charge and they have the code, public mobile doesn't have it so they can't help. If you call your previous provider it may take forever and they often claim they have nothing to do with it. If you call you will probably have a long wait, but chat takes5 minutes usually.

Need Help? Let's chat.