cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help!! ported my phone number today and I am experiencing mixed services

patriciaBB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

I just activated this account at app. 8:00am today. I created the account first and went through the porting the number process and paying for the account etc. I then added the SIM card to my Iphone and made an outboud call...all was fine. I then tried calling back the phone but it went to voice mail. I then added my PM voice mail message and tried again. I realized that the calls are still going to the old privder (WIND now Freedom).

I called WIND to cancel my service incase that was the issue. I had to change my password at that time. I received a wecome text from PM so I tried the phone again. Still going to WIND aslo text are coming through on their network. I now have the PM SIM in my Iphone and the WIND SIM in an android phone. I have no idea how long I will have to wait until everything is switched over to one provider. Please help me as I had to borrow the android phone and need to return it very soon. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey @patriciaBB

I see another agent got to you already and the port is complete now 🙂

Have a great evening!

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

DO NOT CANCEL Wind; that will cancel the port-in.

If you are stil stuck in 4 hours, just use your Wind SIM; you can retrieve voicemail by calling your Wind number from another phone. Also, in that case follow the directions here:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

If service stops on Wind and Public Mobile let us know.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

donnylegere
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Mine did the same yesterday/today.  Still not porter properly.  I am not sure what to do. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

It seems porting has not been processed. It takes from few mins to few hours. Do not cancel your wind account until porting is fully complete. 

In case of you mistakenly provided wrong info, porting can get stuck and require assistance from mods. Unfortunately, in that case, you will need to send a private message and wait for their reply. It might take some time to respond as they are really busy. 

Need Help? Let's chat.