cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need an update on my Sim Swap Request

OliverH3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I requested a sim card swap last Wednesday May 5th, and have received a request authorization code via text but the service has not changed over to the new sim card.

Can you provide me with an update on the process?

5 REPLIES 5

@OliverH3 if you opened a ticket five days ago and did not respond to them through your private messaging it would have been closed within 48 hours. You need to submit a new ticket through Simon and then keep an eye on your private message box at the top right corner of your screen a little envelope icon next year Avatar. Response time averages between 2 and 4 hours but as of late it's been one hour. Submit your request and check your private message box first thing in the morning and reply to the message the moderator sends you. You will then be asked to verify your account and then asked three to four account questions before they will perform a Sim swap. Be sure to include your new SIM card number when you reply to the moderators message.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@OliverH3 wrote:

I requested a sim card swap last Wednesday May 5th, and have received a request authorization code via text but the service has not changed over to the new sim card.

Can you provide me with an update on the process?

@OliverH3 

So, five days ago you put in a ticket with the Moderators to proceed with a SIM swap?

Does your Self Serve account say Active status?

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca

Try some of the below troubleshooting steps with the new SIM in the phone:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

I have not done a SIM SWAP before, so you receive an authorization to the NEW SIM? Is that right?

It almost sounded like you are porting over a number? Or, am I may be misunderstanding a little bit.

Regardless of which you are trying to do, and it has been 5 days, and basic network trouble shooting is failing, contact Moderators as previously mentioned.

Good luck!

in case you need to open another ticket, you can use this direct link

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/-H7DB-

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @OliverH3 

If you requested this that long ago, you deserve a more timely reply.

Did you check your private message box for a reply?  Perhaps re-check.

It's the little envelope icon between your avatar and the bell icon in the upper right.

If there are no updates from the Moderator Team, submit another ticket, referencing the initial Ticket Number for their reference, mentioning that you've submitted the initial request 5 days ago:

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator, then select contact us, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

It would been too long if no one reply, 

likely you have have to open another ticket with MOD

Need Help? Let's chat.