cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need an unlock code to de-register cell phone from Public Mobile

xanadu18
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have a seldom-used Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) cell phone that's currently registered with Public Mobile.  It was a secondary phone.  Since my main phone LG K4 (2017) is with Rogers and I want to replace it with J5 phone to be used on Rogers network, how do I de-register J5 phone from Public Mobile network?  Rogers agent told me I need to get an unlock code from Public Mobile first.  

I would very much appreciate your help, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

6 REPLIES 6

@xanadu18 wrote:

Hi! Thanks for your reply.  This morning Rogers agent asked me for the IMEI of J5 phone, so I read it to her.  She said it's not on Rogers network, and suggested I get J5 unlock code first, then when I put Rogers SIM into J5, the phone will ask for an unlock code.

@xanadu18  If it's asking for an unlock then it means that your J5 was previously locked to Telus or Koodo. Just submit a ticket to Public Mobile and they will provide you with the unlock. code.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@xanadu18  it's a Samsung phone. You can go to Samsung Canada Website and open a live chat with them for the unlock code. They will unlock it for you.

@xanadu18 put the sim in the phone and if it asks for a network unlock code then message mods as suggested by @gblackma 

xanadu18
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! Thanks for your reply.  This morning Rogers agent asked me for the IMEI of J5 phone, so I read it to her.  She said it's not on Rogers network, and suggested I get J5 unlock code first, then when I put Rogers SIM into J5, the phone will ask for an unlock code.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

First try inserting your Rogers SIM into the phone. If it recognises it, it's unlocked. If not,  @xanadu18  contact the moderators and ask them to unlock it for you. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@xanadu18 try your Rogers sim in the j7. the phone is most likely unlocked. restart your phone and reset your network settings if you have issues with calls, data etc.

1. Open Settings>General Management>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings>Tap Reset Settings
If prompted enter your pin, passcode
3. Tap Reset Settings 1 more time to confirm
4. Restart

Need Help? Let's chat.