cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a PUK code

KC9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I went and called my service provider, but they couldn't help with this. They said it'll cost 10bucks which I don't have to get a new SIM card. Although I told them all my phones is it needs one of those PUK codes and it'll work again.

7 REPLIES 7

@KC9 wrote:

I went and called my service provider, but they couldn't help with this. They said it'll cost 10bucks which I don't have to get a new SIM card. Although I told them all my phones is it needs one of those PUK codes and it'll work again.

Who did you call? Public Mobile doesn't have a call centre. This looks to be the PUK of the sim card that you need based on the wording of the message that you posted. Public Mobile does not charge you for that.  

If this is a case of you need the SIM Network Unlock PUK, that means your phone is locked to the old carrier. A new sim card would not help, and the old carrier is not allowed to charge you for this code.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@KC9  

Who was your previous provider?

Puk (PIN Unblocking Key) is obtained by the provider that the phone is locked to.

If you bought your phone in Canada. You are able to get the phone unlocked/get the "PUK"  for free of cost if you contact the provider.

When you call/chat with them they will ask you for the phones "IMEI".

If you need help finding the IMEI, you can google how to find the IMEI key.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If you need previous provider unlock code ouch mobile moderators will not be able to help you.

Previous provider must unlock it free of charge, they don't need your account number or phone number only IMEI of your phone.

Only other place that can do it and must do it for free is manufacturer. 

Don't take no for an answer, you can always hang up and call back again to talk to somebody else.

With the manufacturer the best way to interact is online chat

Good luck

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is a previous thread with an explaination by one of the orcales, Luddite.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/PUK-Code/m-p/423240

@KC9 contact a moderator and explain your situation. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one.  (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

@KC9 wrote:

Enter PUK

Your PIN cannot be accessed. Please call your carrier to obtain your PUK code.

KC9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Enter PUK

Your PIN cannot be accessed. Please call your carrier to obtain your PUK code.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@KC9 What's the exact message that you get when you turn the phone on? Thanks.

@KC9 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.