cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Proof of Utility Bill and Address

Danielap11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I need help with this so I can open a Canadian bank account!

Admin please help!

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

apparently nvm

Tarren2002
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Danielap11 wrote:

Hi I need help with this so I can open a Canadian bank account!

Admin please help!

Anything you'd get from Public Mobile wouldn't be valid as they never confirmed either your name or address.

To open a Canadian bank acount, the Canadian government has set up an official website providing guidance:

https://www.canada.ca/en/financial-consumer-agency/services/banking/opening-bank-account.html

If you were born here, and even for peopple without a driver's license, virtually all of us would have a birth cirtificate and social insurance number.

Based on government guidelines, those 2 alone should be enough.  When I first opened a bank account long ago, birth certificate and social insurance number is all I used.  To open an account at another institution/company, I also used only those 2 things.

@Danielap11

Since Public Mobile is prepaid and there is no credit card or ID check, sometimes having an invoice from Public Mobile will not meet your needs for verification at the bank.  

You can get a formal invoice from Public Mobile but you will need to send private message to moderator as described above.  It can take at least one week to generate the invoice.  

Include the following information for Public Mobile to create invoice:

First name:

Last name:

Street address:

Suite/Apartment (if applicable):

City:

Province:

Postal Code:

Customer phone number:

Account #

Email address (if possible):

Requested Month / Period:

Amount paid:

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Danielap11 As PM is prepaid it may not be considered a utility bill. Utility bills are often used as proof of residence, but a cell phone has no fixed address.

Good luck.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Patmac
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Would taking a screen shot of your account payment history etc work? Then you could just email or print it off.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

you need to send a private message to MOD team if you would like to request an invoice.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

You would need to contact a moderator here.

Need Help? Let's chat.