cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with Porting Mistake

speedyjc3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I already have submitted a support request, but am posting here as well to see if I can get help on an urgent matter.

Myself and a family member both have active Public Mobile accounts and a mistake was made while attempting to port a number over.  I was accidentally logged into my account while a family member meant to be in their own account to port over a phone number from Rogers.  Now, that phone number from Rogers is in my account, while my previous phone number is gone.

I tried porting the numbers back through the self service account and was given the message saying the request could not be completed and to contact support.

I would like to get my original phone number back in my account and have the current number in my account ported back over to my family member's account as orginally intended.

Please advise on what needs to be done or if additional information is necessary to help fix this situation, thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

speedyjc3

Self serve account was able to be activated, now I just need to get back some referrals that seem to have been lost in the account change.  Hopefully that gets sorted out soon.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
That's awesome news

Unfortunately some people still believe the mods are ignoring everyone and not helping at all. These updates help dispel that notion.

speedyjc3

Was able to get this fixed with both phone numbers being ported over to their accounts and am happy to report both are working fine.  Small issue now with creating a new self-service account as a new Account ID needed to be issued to complete the port over, but it should hopefully be resolved soon.  

speedyjc3

The number I'm trying to get back should be with Public Mobile still, because my phone number currently lost has been with Public Mobile for a few months and was originally ported over from Wind.  The Rogers phone number is what I currently have in my account by accident. 

It was definitely my own human error that caused this to happen, but I do think the self service website needs lots of improvement as well.  The initial porting attempt was having problems and not going through for 3 hours, which led to lots of frustration and when it finally did, it wasn't noticed who's account was logged in.  The porting page should have a confirmation page, so users can double check their info to make sure no mistakes were made when entering it.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
🤐

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

This issue happened with another customer a few weeks back, and unfortunately it was a real ordeal getting everything sorted out. If current wait time were normal (as it was before this promotion was launched) I'd say one of the moderators could get it sorted out in a few hours. But because of this backlog, who knows when someone will respond to you.

One good thing is that Rogers won't give your number away for 90 days. That was confirmed in another thread when someone was concerned about losing their number. I'd sure hope your issue gets resolved WAY before that, but who knows!? Robot wink Joking of course!

speedyjc3

Tagging Mod

@Shazia_K

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Not sure IF PM has ability to do that, BUT, if U have all the correct info, #'s, A/C info, name of holder, Maybe PM might be able to, But Only a PM Mod can confirm that

Need Help? Let's chat.