cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO Service - Not registered on Network Message. How to fix?

safrazyassin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

My cell phone Number: xxx-xxx-xxxx can't make any calls (It can not receive or dial out any calls). I am getting this error message "Not registered on Network" every time I attempt to make a call. When I dial the tel no from another phone, it goes to voice mail automatically

Can you please advise how to resolve this issue? Below are the steps that I tried so far:

1. Checked the Public mobile community website and tried the following:
2. Logged into the online portal and everything seems functional, account is active
3. Made a top up of $21 to my plan and that worked ok. It went through ok
4. Restart the phone, did a complete shutdown and restart (remove sim card and reinstall sim but still did not work)
5. Went in to the public mobile kwois and they could not help. They advised to open ticket to public mobile community
6. Went to TELUS booth and they could not help, advised to follow-up with 1-833-378-2524
7 Called the Public mobile number: 1-833-378-2524, but it is asking for "dealer" or Retailer" which I am neither and call terminated
8. I changed location and try the phone earlier today outside the house and same issue
9. I do have 2 other Public mobile numbers (xxx-xxx-xxxx and xxx-xxx-xxxx) both of these are working fine
10. Exchange the phone (Try the sim card, in another cell phone and still got the same message "Not registered on Network")
11. Try a functional Public mobile sim in my existing phone, and that work fine (The phone is working fine)

Until yesterday, the phone was working fine with no issues. I am frustrated with the service received so far. Please advise how o resolve this

Thanks for your time and help; have a wonderful day

Cheers!
Abdool

41 REPLIES 41

@dankbarr 

Youre giving up that easily? Your sim works in other phones so thats not the issue. A rogers sim works in your phone. ( 2G? relocked to carrier?) Have you tried any other sim cards? Bell/virgin/lucky? Telus/koodo? Freedom? This would help narrow down network isssues. Did you try airplane mode? Have you messaged the moderators about it? And you have checked your account?

dankbarr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So .. all comments here don’t work .... I tried all suggestions .... finally did a factory reset 

Sim still not registered on network ... but a Rogers sim works ... so not the phone or my sim which also works on other phone

goofy but I guess public mobile has to go ... sad but have had for 3 yrs

dankbarr

Thank you ... I will give that a try ... I have tried a bunch of thingsnothing worked may have to reset

wifi works but nothing else -calls text or data ... and nothing happened to phone , I just woke up one morning opened it up and it didn’t work... oh well

@dankbarr wrote:

Hi ... I have a Samsung A70 which I used for 8 months with my public Mobil account and SIM card

recently my SIM card stopped working with the phone A 70 ..... the SIM card works with my old phone Note5 .... and my wife’s Motorola .... so I thought it was my sim card reader that had failed ... however recently my friend tried his Rogers SIM card in it and it works fine..... what is the problem ... the a70 was new a and worked fine for 8 months.... I had to manually set the ApN when I 1st got phone and it worked .....

but it no longer does and I did redo that in trying to get phone to working again , but it continues to say SIM card not working or connected to network 
Tired of trying to fix maybe I should just go to another network because phone works fine with another Sim

Hi @dankbarr where are you located.  There are Telus outages recently in some areas.

Today, Telus is having issues since 03:00 PM EST. 

Check our this site https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus

The most recent outage reports and issues originated from Vancouver, Burnaby, Pickering Village, Edmonton, Sidney, surrey, Sooke, Toronto, Three Hills, Grimshaw,  Mississauga, Courtenay, New Westminster, Langley, and Quesnel

I found this article on How to fix common Samsung Galaxy A70 Network Issues, might help.

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-a/how-to-fix-common-samsung-galaxy-a70-network-issues/td-...

Galaxy A70 has no signal or service

If your phone has no signal or service, the possibilities are that there’s an outage in your area, there’s a minor problem with your phone, or your account is barred from using the service. As long as the problem is not with your phone’s hardware, you should be able to fix this issue by doing some troubleshooting procedures. That said, here’s what you have to do:

1. Force restart your phone to refresh the memory and reload all network services.
  2. Make sure you are in an open area so that the signal from the tower has no obstructions.
  3. Reset the network settings of your phone to bring the network settings back to its default configuration.
  4. Factory reset your phone to rule out the possibility that this is just a problem with the firmware.
  5. Call your service provider and inquire about your account’s status or if there’s an outage in your area.

I hope it helps.

@dankbarr 

Are there any system updates for the phone?

You might want to consider a factory reset as a last resort.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dankbarr : You said yourself that the SIM works in your old phone. That's not Public Mobile then.

Check your networks. Maybe the Rogers SIM took your phone to 2G. Check that your phone is connecting to LTE/4G or 3G/UMTS/WCDMA.

APN has no bearing on calls and texts. Just data and MMS.

dankbarr

Hi ... I have a Samsung A70 which I used for 8 months with my public Mobil account and SIM card

recently my SIM card stopped working with the phone A 70 ..... the SIM card works with my old phone Note5 .... and my wife’s Motorola .... so I thought it was my sim card reader that had failed ... however recently my friend tried his Rogers SIM card in it and it works fine..... what is the problem ... the a70 was new a and worked fine for 8 months.... I had to manually set the ApN when I 1st got phone and it worked .....

but it no longer does and I did redo that in trying to get phone to working again , but it continues to say SIM card not working or connected to network 
Tired of trying to fix maybe I should just go to another network because phone works fine with another Sim

@safrazyassin 

I hope everything works out and youve secured your finances..... its a tough spot to be in.

safrazyassin

Thanks Yes, I have private message the moderator, waiting to hear back. Thanks 

@safrazyassin 

Keep an eye on your private message box ( the envelope icon next to your avatar) at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. You should be getting one forthwith....

@darlicious as posting personal information in the public forum could adversely affect the poor PM customer who just need help, I will continue to report the post as inappropriate until the PM moderators tell me to stop. 

@RosieR 

The only other two times i have reported posts were for very serious profanity laced among other things kind of posts. As this was an active sim jacking and everything else had been tried i took that extra step......i wouldnt do this for a regular personal info post......

@darlicious wrote:

@RosieR 

I'm not sure what worked as i would not normally report personal info as inappropriate but under the circumstancesi felt it was the correct move....a moderator messaged me about a half hour ago......

@darlicious as the members who are allowed to edit the personal information in the forums were not responding, Joyluck also tagged the moderators and they deleted the personal info.  I'm tired of tagging anyone as they say, they have lives or, it's not their job.  Others say it's the customer and PM responsibility.  so be it.  I just report the post as inappropriate as well.  

I hope you are having a good weekend 😊

@RosieR 

I'm not sure what worked as i would not normally report personal info as inappropriate but under the circumstancesi felt it was the correct move....a moderator messaged me about a half hour ago......

@Phonehelper wrote:

Yes, a lot of losers out there trying to make life more difficult more than it already is. Got to avoid them. 

Be safe

Good point...but customer needs to take some responsibility for his/her frustration too though. If you're going to post that info for anyone to see, it's gonna get messy !

Phonehelper

Yes, a lot of losers out there trying to make life more difficult more than it already is. Got to avoid them. 

Be safe

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

This person is a good example of why you have to be cautious online on what you post.

I could see why they're a victim of a simjack. Took one Google search and lots of info came up. Email, Facebook you name it. 

Area code was 613  so we know Ottawa area. Google username. Tada. To try to verify if it may be potentially the same person. Username and Name they ended post with on Google search.

So scammers that do this all day every day for profit. Spending time to dig deeper in their searches will know everything about you in mere minutes including your address.

Stay safe guys! Not only out in the real world but the online world also.

@JoyLuck wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@safrazyassin and if you don't remove all the other phone numbers, you may be looking at another problem in the next few days.  Please remove all personal information in your post!

Calling the Ghostbusters!

It has finally been done.

Thanks for tagging the moderators @JoyLuck 

@RosieR wrote:

@safrazyassin and if you don't remove all the other phone numbers, you may be looking at another problem in the next few days.  Please remove all personal information in your post!

Calling the Ghostbusters!

It has finally been done.

@popping  here's an idea. At signup included in the welcome email is a 30 second YouTube link. Informational video for newbies on what to do and what not do on the community forums. How to post a question, how to respond how to see their inbox. Link also stickyed at top of the forums if they missed the welcome email.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

We need to do a better job on this forum to tell newbies to stay around for the answer and supply for info.

The problem with forum is people post a message and come back in a week.  But PM Community Forum is different.  It is almost like a chat line with more than one member almost 24/7.

I guess that OP does not care enough for no mobile service to wait for help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

As often happens, a customer comes on and posts and then disappears. We can only hope he's busy cleaning and recovering from what may very well be a sim-jack.

But we're also seeing the laissez-faire (is that right Jb 🙂 ) response from the mods. As in, meh...whatev's. Let alone no Oracles around who are not paid enough (collectively) to be here 24/7.

So T&C's not withstanding...along with customers freely and willingly giving up their personal information anywhere...it's part of why I don't care.

I just reported the OP's post as inappropriate and explained the situation to the mods in my message. Hopefully that will get more immediate attention.

@HALIMACS  voice changer? So you're the one that keeps calling me trying to tell me I have a virus in my computer 🤣🤣

@Jb456 

My voice changer isn't working right now, so I'm out.

I'm sure someone will get to it per @JoyLuck  tags.

@HALIMACS  I like your thinking 😄 use a throw away textnow number. Let us know lol.

@HALIMACS wrote:

@Jb456 

I suppose someone could call the OP on one of their other phone numbers listed on the original question to advise to edit the initial post of personal information.

Any takers?

I just tagged 4 mods online so hopefully one of them will get to removing the numbers.

@Jb456 

I suppose someone could call the OP on one of their other phone numbers listed on the original question to advise to edit the initial post of personal information.

Any takers?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

And no one on to edit the numbers 🙄 40 minutes. Not good @safrazyassin 

Need Help? Let's chat.